Sealing....hmmm...

emeraldking

Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
I've just finished sealing another tank of mine... And I have to admit it, I just suck at it...
This black sealant suppose to be on my tank... What the hell does it do on my arm...?
Don't let boys play with silicone sealant... ???

Attachments

• IMG_1050[1].JPG
    IMG_1050[1].JPG
    123.7 KB · Views: 44
I can see that happening! I have no room to laugh, though, as I once almost superglued my hand to a rock. Just don't let it dry on, lol.

you have to be careful try to wash it off, some can get into your skin and that's not good...

A lot of people tape the tank before using black silicon. Basically use some masking tape like they do when painting so the excess silicon ends up on the tape. Then just remove the tape after you have put silicon everywhere.

You can also use a single sided razorblade to clean up the excess silicon after it has dried.

One of my old 29 gallon tanks is leaking from the bottom, I am thinking of buying a new one when Petco has their 1 dollar a gallon sale and not repairing it. Too many old tanks springing leaks lately.

One of my old 29 gallon tanks is leaking from the bottom, I am thinking of buying a new one when Petco has their 1 dollar a gallon sale and not repairing it. Too many old tanks springing leaks lately.
I would honestly just get a new one. It’s not worth the stress of re-sealing. Plus, the new tank will come with a warranty, in case anything happens.

just find out where the hole is and slap some silicon on it

Most reactions

trending

Back