Seahorses Found In London's River!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

PRW1988

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
WoW! did anybody else hear about this? I was just watching daily planet and seahorses have gone into londons river!

WoW! did anybody else hear about this? I was just watching daily planet and seahorses have gone into londons river!
London's river is the Thames. Where it actually becomes the sea can be somewhat open to question as the river is tidal with its heights in the centre of London. I live in Southend out in the Thames estuary (not sure of the salinity here but I assume full SW) and we have had sea horses herer for a few years now.

More interesting is the fact that a tropical species of sea horses often found in the Canary Islands has started breeding in British waters.

I live in Southend out in the Thames estuary (not sure of the salinity here but I assume full SW) and we have had sea horses herer for a few years now.

More interesting is the fact that a tropical species of sea horses often found in the Canary Islands has started breeding in British waters.

Are the cockle sheds still down that way? always used to enjoy heading down that way when I was a kid.

Iain

Are the cockle sheds still down that way? always used to enjoy heading down that way when I was a kid.

Iain

The cockle sheds are still in old Leigh. I head down there for fish food every so often.

awww bless them.....how on earth do they survive there?
Considering the Thames is claimed to be the cleanest urban waterway in Europe (with few detractors from the comment), I would suspect they survive fairly easily.

Iain

The cockle sheds are still in old Leigh. I head down there for fish food every so often.

Used to love getting a plate of cockles, vinegar and black pepper :rolleyes: A few years since I have been down there there. The Thames is really clean these days, loads of Otters up the other end of it.

Iain

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back