Seachem Prime Users

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

FishGuest5123

Fish Maniac
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
Does anyone know of the cheapest place to buy Seachem Prime? I buy a 500 mil bottle every 2 weeks through Amazon Prime. I really need to buy the larger jug but wondering if anyone knows the cheapest place to get it. Please don’t open this for debate on best conditioners to use. I like Prime and only interested in prices for this product. Thanks in advance.

Have a search for Seachem Safe. Its the same product but far more concentrated (and in powder form). I assume your usage is because of the pond, that's the reason I switched to Safe because it was by far the most economical way to treat the pond water.

Have a search for Seachem Safe. Its the same product but far more concentrated (and in powder form). I assume your usage is because of the pond, that's the reason I switched to Safe because it was by far the most economical way to treat the pond water.
Thanks, this is what I needed. Can I use it in tanks too?

Does anyone know of the cheapest place to buy Seachem Prime? I buy a 500 mil bottle every 2 weeks through Amazon Prime. I really need to buy the larger jug but wondering if anyone knows the cheapest place to get it. Please don’t open this for debate on best conditioners to use. I like Prime and only interested in prices for this product. Thanks in advance.
Well I believe one $10 bottle of Seachem Safe is equal to about 100 bottle's of prime.

If I were using that much Prime I would consider switching to Safe.

You can reuse your 500 ml prime bottle's by adding just 4 teaspoons of Safe to a mostly full bottle of tap water.

Safe is the dry version of Prime and shares all is it's advantages. It's just more concentrated.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6010 using Tapatalk

Well I believe one $10 bottle of Seachem Safe is equal to about 100 bottle's of prime.

If I were using that much Prime I would consider switching to Safe.

You can reuse your 500 ml prime bottle's by adding just 4 teaspoons of Safe to a mostly full bottle of tap water.

Safe is the dry version of Prime and shares all is it's advantages. It's just more concentrated.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6010 using Tapatalk
Perfect! That’s what I needed . Thank you both.

@seangee and @cliffstips is it ok to mix this and store it in the 500ml bottles? It would take me a couple of weeks to use the whole bottle.

Its never occured to me :dunno:. But then I don't use it in my tanks (due to the fact that they get RO water).

Ok guys, I ordered it. Thanks so much for your help! I really appreciate it.​

I use Safe and suggest you just get measuring spoons and mix what you need when you need it. 1/4 and 1/8 tsp are all I usually need.

Note: I pre-filter most of the water I use (to remove nitrates and a trace of ammonia) but sometimes I'll use my well water w/o filtering so I use Safe as it's much more economical than Prime. However, I believe that I discovered that there's also a fair amount of dissolved CO2 in my well water, so I've been aerating it overnight before use.

I would say it’s fine to mix the 2. Good luck! ;)

Well, I received my Safe and figuring out dosing is next to impossible for smaller tanks. I contacted Seachem to ask about premixing the Safe and storing in a Prime bottle. They told me they don’t recommend that as Safe being a powder will not keep its strength when stored. They suggest mixing only at time of use. I guess I can use this in my pond anyway. :(

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back