Seachem Flourish

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Aspen35

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Is Seachem Flourish safe for inverts? Iā€™m looking for a basic fertilizer, growing dwarf Sag and jungle Val. Any other alternatives that are better?Thanks

On the bottle it says that it's safe.

Yes it is safe provided it is not overdosed. At the recommended dose once or twice a week, no issues.

Given the Jungle Val, you might also try a substrate tab. This boosts the nutrients especially for substrate-rooted plants that also grow fairly rapidly, without adding more nutrients to the water (better for fish and inverts, and avoiding algae). Flourish Tabs are what I use, a very good product in my view.

EDIT. As others have subsequently mentioned, I assumed you are referring to Flourish Comprehensive Supplement for the Planted Aquarium. Used as directed it is safe, but the same cannot be said for any other products in the Flourish line.

Last edited:
Yes, seachem flourish is fine to use with the inverts, Iā€™ve used this on my tanks with RCS for years with no issues and plant growth is good, though I also used seachem flourish root tabs as well so not a problem for inverts at all.

As Byron pointed out, do ensure you use the correct amounts for your tank, never a good idea to overdose on liquid ferts or root tabs as this can lead to all kinds of algae and water issues as Iā€™ve found out the hard way!

Is Seachem Flourish safe for inverts? Iā€™m looking for a basic fertilizer, growing dwarf Sag and jungle Val. Any other alternatives that are better?
If you mean flourish comprehensive supplement yes its fine. If you mean flourish exel I would not use this in a tank with livestock.

I donā€™t know anymore. I stopped using it. I dosed lower than suggested and one of my panda cories started dying in about an hour. In less than 90 minutes, he was dead. I did water change and no more problems. No more fertā€™s!

I donā€™t know anymore. I stopped using it. I dosed lower than suggested and one of my panda cories started dying in about an hour. In less than 90 minutes, he was dead. I did water change and no more problems. No more fertā€™s!

wow,real sorry for your loss of your panda cory ā˜¹

Though to be honest, Iā€™ve not had any reactions to any of my livestock, shrimps or inverts in all the time Iā€™ve used Seachem Flourish fert and root tabs.

Maybe it was a bad batch of fert or an unusual extreme reaction from one of the panda Cory, otherwise all your panda cories would have had issues perhaps, put it down to bad luck maybe.

And if you do not feel comfortable using ferts because of whatā€™s happened then by all means do not use it again. I get that. I do not use certain things in my tanks even though others say itā€™s no problem, I just donā€™t feel right and donā€™t use them again even though theyā€™re still in the cupboard!:dunno:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back