Seachem Ammonia & pH Alert

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

ellamay

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I've just ordered my first tank (105l) and I've been researching everything for a few months, has anyone used the Seachem pH and Ammonia alerts??
I've seen really mixed reviews. I would obviously do actual water tests as well.

1612375631494.png

I personally wouldn’t. They can so times be helpful, but then other times give you a false alarm, or not even work at all.

I personally wouldn’t. They can so times be helpful, but then other times give you a false alarm, or not even work at all.

I actually use the ammonia alert due to the ammonium in my tsp water just to be safe. I have never had one fail. I test them every now and then. You have to replace once a year but cheap enough to do so.

I actually use the ammonia alert due to the ammonium in my tsp water just to be safe. I have never had one fail. I test them every now and then. You have to replace once a year but cheap enough to do so.
I looked into getting one a few years back, but decided not to because of the reviews. It’s different for everyone I guess. :)

I think I’ll get them and still do water tests often. I’ll just see how I get on with it. Thanks!

The ammonia alert was useful when I set up a new tank. Once I know the tank was stable I binned it. I got the kit with both, pH alert didn't work for me as my pH was too low - but it is also too low for any fish keeping test strips or solutions to measure.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back