Sea monkeys

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

helptoall

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi, so ive rescued sea monkeys from somene who wanted to throw them away and i really dont know what to do with them.
i want to find a way to prevent them from reproducing and to give them good life conditions but i have no idea about treatment
does anyone here have exp or knowledge about keeping them ? and how to prvent them from overpopulatiing? thank you

Sea Monkeys (aka: Brineshrimp) are a small species of shrimp in the Genus Artemia. Some species live in fresh water but most are brackish or salt water.

They eat single celled algae and infusoria (small aquatic organisms).

They only live for a month or two and produce brown eggs that float. The eggs need to dry out before they can be hatched in clean water. You won't have a problem with them breeding uncontrollably because of this.

You can buy dry brineshrimp eggs from pet shops and hatch them out in salt water.

----------------
If you want a small interesting freshwater creature that reproduces in captivity, check out Daphnia. They live in fresh water and feed on single celled algae and infusoria, and produce dormant egg and live young. The live young are clones of the mother.

thats not true.. they have several ways of reproducing and the drying eggs are just one of them, they can also gave birth to live offsprings. i already have alot of babies...

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back