Scuba Diving?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Phoenixfish

Fishaholic
Reaction score
hello just wondering if anyone else can scuba dive?,
i can upto a depth of 20m but rarly get the chance to do it but as i only passed in 2005 june ish
i should be able to do alot more

I can Scuba Dive. I'm getting Open Water in about a month or two. I can go to a distance of 40m

I'm PADI Advanced Open Water, but my EFR has lapsed now, will try and get Rescue Diver passed this year (money and time allowing).

OppositeArmor: You will be qualified to 40 FEET not 40 METERS with Open Water and from my experiences below 30 meters, I don't see why anyone would want to go deeper, it's darker and colder and less colourful.

Arfie

yeh i did a Padi training thing for my open water inTurkey in a place called Dacyan Bay, it was great and the wild life was great, seeing Large Grouper, a Barracuda and a Kilamari Squid (sorry if any of those were spelt wrong), i went bornio in 2006 to Sulua Reef in Sabah and most resently november i went and did my first Dry suit dive, at Caperwray quarry.
i intend to go more when i get the chance but with my GCSE's coming up i cant see it happening for a while.
I ether rent or where posssible borrow my dads kit as we are of similar build, he 2" taller and me 2" wider :lol: :unsure:

I'm PADI Advanced Open Water, but my EFR has lapsed now, will try and get Rescue Diver passed this year (money and time allowing).

OppositeArmor: You will be qualified to 40 FEET not 40 METERS with Open Water and from my experiences below 30 meters, I don't see why anyone would want to go deeper, it's darker and colder and less colourful.

Arfie
Duh. What was I thinking! Sorry, ment 40ft. Though I can go advanced if I want too.

You could do it, I did my open water in 2 weeks, finished on the sunday, Tuesday I flew to Portugal, by Sunday, I had my Advanced :eek:

Advanced is easier than open water, but I'd certainly recommend you enjoy just diving for a bit before doing any more tests.

Arfie

yeh i was thinking of getting my padi converted to BSAC but you need 40 dive experience to even attempt it and unlike the money based padi open water you can fail..

what is very amusing though although my dad has considerably more experience yet i have more quailifation the reason being, lost his old log book which was well into the 50's so he has to start again...

have any of you been anywere good to dive? esp in England ive been to caperwray quarry which was good but it was my first dry suit dive and geting the suit to ballance is fairly hard but it wasn't that cold really, for the time of year (nov) exsept when i was at 21 m ish when the wet suit vacumed to my legs making it harder to swim

have any of you been anywere good to dive? esp in England

<---- Fair weather diver ;)

I've only done Stoney Cove in Leicestershire AKA "The Muddy Puddle", did my open water dives there and do the odd refresher there if I've not been for a while.

I prefer warm water, dived in the Algarve (which was colder then England at the time), Tenerife was OK and there is a ray feeding area there. My favourite though is Sharm-el-Sheikh in the Red Sea, been a couple of times and may well be going back in November.

Arfie

was the red sea any good we were going to go there this year but dad ended up buying his dream, a place in france...its a barn that can only count as 4 walls and half a roof so we wont be doing anyhting for quite a while... *mumbles* would have got to the red sea

Well I'm going back for a 3rd time, read into that what you will ;)

It can get very busy at times though, sometimes you jump in and the water can be like lemonade with all the bubbles coming up. The place is full of gorgeous Italian and Russian birds though :hey:

Arfie

ha lol,
theres another place i wanted to go called the 'Deep Blue' like the barria reef but not comersialised

weird that now, even nature can be commercialized. I don't scuba dive I free dive. Only during lobster season though. Oxygen tanks are for sissies!!!! :D joking of course. I'm padi certified but never make use of it.

Yeah - Raggies (ragged tooth nursing sharks) in Sodwana (South Africa)

Note: no cages ;) with about 15 of them circling us !

Not me in the fist pic - but gives you an idea how close we were. At one stage if I (dared) stretched my hand out, I could touch it.

4.jpg

2.jpg

5.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back