Scraggly Crispus, What To Do?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

greenmumma141

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I bought two crispus plants that are just not working in my tank. I love the way the crispus leaves look, but my problem is that the stalks are so tall, that the leaves are starting more than half way up my tank, so the leaves themselves are floating to the surface, which would be great to a certain extent, but are so long that they get caught in my out-takes. No matter where I place them in my tank this happens and it just is a tangled mess. 

My question is, will it help to cut the stalks and let them regrow? Maybe they just need a bit of maintenance or will they just grow back with the long scraggly stalks again?  These are my first crispus so I'm not sure if these are just a certain type that grow this way or what. Every pic I've seen of crispus definitely don't look like this lol.

Any help or info is appreciated :)

Also, i have a 60 gallon low tech heavy planted tank. It's 23 inches high and i have about 1wpg. I does about 3ml daily of seachem flourish.

Got a pic as crispus usually grows leaves lower.

DSCN4918_zps86493a6f.jpg

It's the long stuff right in the middle, two of them spaced a little bit.

here's a video I uploaded a week or so ago, it will show them a bit better towards the middle of the video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EYL2xSFrdk

So they are, well with mine I just trim all the ones off that are too long.

okay. Im guessing that they're old bulbs so they just grew out too long. Ill hack em off and hopefully it grows back bushier :) Thanks steve.

jealous of my driftwood aren't ya :hey:  hehehehe j.k.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back