Scott's 29g Aquarium Project

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

DaScotty

Reaction score
My 29g has been empty for awhile now, so I am finally motivated to set it up again. Cleaned it out, and painting the back black now. I've never painted the back of a tank before. Let's hope it comes out alright. I'm going to use CaribSea Super Naturals Sand in sunset gold color. I have never done sand before. It'll be planted. I'm waiting to receive the Finnex 24/7 CRV 30" light that I ordered. Filter is an AquaClear 70.

IMG_5878.jpeg
IMG_6028.jpeg
IMG_6049.jpeg
IMG_6050.jpeg

I used a piece of black cloth to cover the back side of my 29 gallon. Looks like you have a good solid stand to sit it on. Good luck. :good:

If you have not painted it yet, I don’t suggest to.

Use a black trash bag on the back. I did this with all of my tanks, and I love the look of them.

Cool project, I like to see tank journals like this.

Haha, I see I never came back and posted pictures of this tank. Here it is as of now.

Attachments

• IMG_0712.jpeg
    IMG_0712.jpeg
    256.4 KB · Views: 47
Looks good! I would add some taller background plants. :good:

If you have not painted it yet, I don’t suggest to.

Use a black trash bag on the back. I did this with all of my tanks, and I love the look of them.

Cool project, I like to see tank journals like this.
Why not?
All of my tanks but 1 have painted back glass....it's easy to do, safe, and looks better than any stick-on or paper background....

Why not?
All of my tanks but 1 have painted back glass....it's easy to do, safe, and looks better than any stick-on or paper background....
Because if you every want to change the color of the background, you have to scrape all the paint off.

Also, if the paint gets scratched you will be able to see through the scratch, and then you will have to repaint the back if you want it to look good.

Because if you every want to change the color of the background, you have to scrape all the paint off.

Also, if the paint gets scratched you will be able to see through the scratch, and then you will have to repaint the back if you want it to look good.
I'll never want anything but a black background....and any scratches are easily hidden with a magic marker

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back