Science facts on Ferts,Lights,plants. A MUST SEE CHANNEL!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Stan510

Fish Herder
Reaction score
It lasted just one year..but he took on names,products...and then disappeared to never be heard from again.
youtube.com/user/NickMach007/videos

The king of diy also does lots of experiments, and lots of diy builds.

I will have to check it out. I have been watching plenty of fish videos lately, everyone with even a goldfish and a fish bowl must be making them :D

Vike,one vid of growing fish and plants in a 5 gallon bowl? One guy posted to that "Never put fish in those bowls,it will damage their eyesight. It's illegal in several countries."..Do you know people believed that?! Hilarious. He said it straight..they fell for it.
Illegal in several countries. lol

There was once a member on here who lived in Finland. She said that in Finland it was illegal to sell fish tanks smaller than 10 gallons/40 litres. So that's one country where 5 gallon tanks are illegal.

That makes sense..but he said round tanks are illegal..never mentioned because of size. He kept to "It damages the fishes vision. I asked him twice..he just said "chill out"..if he explained it better I would have been downright cool with it.
The funny thing essjay,I told him that "eyesight was the least of the fishes worry" in small bowls. I wouldn't even keep Mystery snails or dwarf frogs. Nano tanks come close to Pelican Bay isolation cells for fish that committed no crime. I'm not ever adding anything half the size of the Rainbows in the 240.
To say I've changed..and learned is an understatement.
That's whats great about water plants..too low on the sentient scale to agonize over. Just the money spent for something that dies is aggravating!

I hadn't realised it was the shape of the tank he was commenting on rather than the size :oops:

If round bowls harm their eyesight, what about biorbs? I've never heard of any country banning those....

I know a few people who use round tanks with highly territorial fish ( Tilapia I aquaculture as well) as it stops one fish creating a territory in the corner. If it is the case, biorbs are the least of a fishes worries, think of those poor things in the weird shaped tanks they have sometimes in Aquaria. :rofl:

Yeah, there are quite a few pervasive myths in fishkeeping Unfortunately anyone can write a book, anyone can post on a forum and anyone can make a video. It doesn't make it right.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back