Sb Sibling Pair

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Gill

Store Manager Coalville Aquatics
Reaction score
So I have been conditioning them for a few weeks. The male has recovered from the other attempt very well and his fins are lovely (after a spawn I always Operate on the fins, instead of having manky uneven regrowth).
I introduced her yesterday morning into the Funnel. He flared almost all day at her.
She has started the blow bubble in the funnel and he(Stupid) is building the nest along the rim of the funnel. So will remove her today, so that he makes a better nest.

Sounds good. But silly fish for building a nest there ! Do bettas every learn lol

Good luck with them and how are your little marbel ones doing ?

Thanks, The Marble Babies did not survive for some reason. They were all dead within a few days of moving them to a tank i had setup for them.

Hopefully This time the Sibling Pair will spawn properly without to much of a beating.

After Discussions with the breeder, he advised that he had probs with the males and it took them at least 3-4 spawns to get it right to know what they should be doing.

I will leave spawning him for now and will repeat with the Pale HM Marble a 2nd time.
Will get there eventually but just need to be patient with them.

Aww was looking forward to seeing some of the males from the marbel pair :( sorry to hear they all died

Better luck with these ones and good luck

Sadly No.
But I Took advise from Breeders with Large Farms.
For fish with Heavy Finnage like mine, and Aggressive females the Damage can be very severe to the fins.
So What I Do is soak a sheet of plenty in tank water and put in a saucer. Place the male ontop and using a very sharp pair of scissors I cut away the Damaged Fins untill nice and even. Thus the Male is not wasting resource on growing back uneven fins that show damage.
This way the fins grow back alot more healthily and even.
I have been doing this practice for a few years and never had a casualty of it.

I did not know such a thing existed! it does make sense if I think about it but not for the everyday keeper me thinks! Do have before and after pics? Interested to see!

No Sorry Did not take any, But have a search there are some articles on it floating about on tinternet.

What tail types arre they? Marbel Half moons? I hope you have luck with this spawn. I don't even want to get into spawning bettas, as I know it is risky. Oh and about the fins, I know no blood vessels go to the fins, so it must not really hurt them, just like trimming a finer nail, I would assume. I would never practice that though.

What tail types arre they? Marbel Half moons? I hope you have luck with this spawn. I don't even want to get into spawning bettas, as I know it is risky. Oh and about the fins, I know no blood vessels go to the fins, so it must not really hurt them, just like trimming a finer nail, I would assume. I would never practice that though.

They are Solid Steel Blue HM's.
No, you need to be experienced with Tail Trimming.

A few Years ago a breeder sparked a massive frenzy over some bettas he had trimmed to look like a new breed he called Clown Tails, That was cheating.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back