Say Hi To Yobbo.

I must have the cleanest snail's in town LOL

15h20hz.jpg

I got the Lilly from a garden centre not LFS. 

NickAu said:
I must have the cleanest snail's in town LOL

15h20hz.jpg

I got the Lilly from a garden centre not LFS. 

Love watching my juvie BN plecos do this to my mystery snails.  Such a cute sight.   With this much better picture of the plecos you have, it is pretty easy to tell you what they are.  They are juvie bristlenose (BN) plecos.  These guys will eventually need a 20 gallon tank (for one) once they grow. 

These guys will eventually need a 20 gallon tank (for one) once they grow.

That's ok I have access to a well filtered 100 gallon tank.  Active little fish they never seem to stop in 1 place for long. I feed them Hikari wafers. 

NickAu said:

These guys will eventually need a 20 gallon tank (for one) once they grow.

That's ok I have access to a well filtered 100 gallon tank.  Active little fish they never seem to stop in 1 place for long. I feed them Hikari wafers. 

That is excellent!  You will have a good while before you need to move them so no worries right now.  They both look very healthy.  :)

NickAu said:

Is he fully grown?
I think so, He may get a bit bigger due to fatness from eating well. I couldnt bring my self to get another veil tail.

I think he is in shock, from a cup to that.
Once again one lucky Betta. Plakats are my favourites as overall they are a lot stronger fish, you made the right choice. I find the veil tails struggle with their finage especially when they get older. I so wish we could stop the cup trade of Bettas. It is barbaric, luckily I have never seen this in the UK, there would be an outcry if there were. The LFS can benefit from showing these fish in aquariums as they can then up sell the overall set up. You are a credit to the Betta world.

In respect to your plecs, see if you can get hold of some Oto's, as these remain small. You need a group of them, a mature aquarium, and wait until they have been in the LFS for about a month, as there is usually a high mortality rate post shipping.

Do they ever stop eating. Every night before I turn the tank lights off I place some veggies in the tank and take it out in the morning.
24fd0ts.jpg

I want to start adding plants to my Betta tank. New to them. I think I see water wisteria and Java fern. What else works good with a basic setup with a small led light bar? The Tetra one. It's on a 5.5 gallon.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back