FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

connorlindeman

Addicted to aquatic plants
Reaction score
IMG_6316.JPG
IMG_6315.JPG

Got three dwarf puffers today.

Assuming I've got males and females, I'm gonna try to get them to spawn. I've read that an abundance of Java moss will promote that.

Any other suggestions?

Hello little friends !
All I know about puffers is , first of all , they are cool.
Not sure but they might be a bit difficult to feed but once you find something they like youā€™re all set. Iā€™ve heard crushed snails. They like snail meat so you might want to have plenty available.
They are , supposedly , touchy about water conditions but I donā€™t know in what way.
One other thing I heard is that they are very social and prefer plenty of their own company. If that is all puffers or just one species I donā€™t know.
Just my own particular opinion here is that I would have them in a species only tank. They might nip other fish. Supposedly they like to bite and tear out chunks. Also, slow swimming as they are other fish will out compete them for food.

Hello little friends !
All I know about puffers is , first of all , they are cool.
Not sure but they might be a bit difficult to feed but once you find something they like youā€™re all set. Iā€™ve heard crushed snails. They like snail meat so you might want to have plenty available.
They are , supposedly , touchy about water conditions but I donā€™t know in what way.
One other thing I heard is that they are very social and prefer plenty of their own company. If that is all puffers or just one species I donā€™t know.
Just my own particular opinion here is that I would have them in a species only tank. They might nip other fish. Supposedly they like to bite and tear out chunks. Also, slow swimming as they are other fish will out compete them for food.
Actually you don't want to crush crush snails. They crush them with their teeth to keep them healthy. Otherwise they may keep growing. (Like rabbits)

Yeah maybe @Rocky998 . I would think it comes down to the size of the fish and the snail. Big fish little snail , watch and see what happens but have you ever seen a mouse eat a walnut whole ? Neither have I.
You feed them ramshorn snails.

Actually you don't want to crush crush snails. They crush them with their teeth to keep them healthy. Otherwise they may keep growing. (Like rabbits)
I don't think that's the case with pea puffers. These guys suck the snail out of its shell. They don't crush them.

I don't think that's the case with pea puffers. These guys suck the snail out of its shell. They don't crush them.
Interesting... Ive always heard of them crushing the shell šŸ¤”

Unfortunately one of them didn't make it.
Feeding has been interesting.
I tried frozen daphnia, frozen brine shrimp, and some dried stuff. They rejected them all.
They only accept live snails. Not crushed up. They have to be alive and moving.
They sneak up on them and then strike really quickly grabbing them out of their shells.
They eat them as fast as I add them in.

Shrimp caves for them to sleep in.. When lights are out these guys like to sleep in caves
Mine eat mainly dried bloodworms and snails

Shrimp caves for them to sleep in.. When lights are out these guys like to sleep in caves
Mine eat mainly dried bloodworms and snails
Overhere, they would sleep between the plants. But yes, they like to hide when they want to sleep.

They are insanely cute. Would love them but I really like snails and wouldnā€™t be able to bring myself to feed them to the puffers.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back