Saw some space! Started a planted tank! Never swore so much in my life 😂😂

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I want to add 10 cherry shrimp, 10 jelly blue shrimp
Just to warn you, red cherry shrimps and blue jelly shrimps are the same species. If they are kept in the same tank they will all breed together and you are likely to end up with a tank of brown shrimps.

We are still taking about a 10 gallon tank? I would not keep cardinals or sterbai cories (one of the larger cory species) in this sized tank. Guppies and shrimps are OK if the water is hard enough for guppies.

Thanks Essjay, a tank full of brown shrimp would have been disappointing!!

So I should pick one or the other? I can I add amano shrimp too?

Noted on the stocking. On a slightly different note, can the stebai be kept with African Cichlids?

Not really. Cories are soft water fish (as are cardinals) and Rift Lake cichlids are hard water fish.

I would pick one of the other shrimps, whichever appeals to you most. Amanos should be OK if there are plenty of hiding places. i was once warned that amanos can intimidate cherry shrimps (in all their colours)

Had some good growth in last week or so.

but have notice the rocks turning brown, is this normal or should I be worried? Doing something about it?

Attachments

• 744C0799-8A13-46FE-A85C-279FE40C3148.jpeg
    744C0799-8A13-46FE-A85C-279FE40C3148.jpeg
    280.6 KB · Views: 42
So it’s been a couple of weeks now, done a few water changes and also a tidy up of the scape as the white path was getting covered with soil so added white pebbles to the side.

the r.opens at the front of the tank have started turning dark green, whats this a sign of please?

Attachments

• C2470535-EFB3-4E52-BAD0-2682D68042E5.jpeg
    C2470535-EFB3-4E52-BAD0-2682D68042E5.jpeg
    333.3 KB · Views: 32

Most reactions

trending

Back