Saved a pleco

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

LoachLover

Snails Beware
Reaction score
I'm to soft hearted I guess, but I couldn't help myself. I went to this place called "Pet Time" a few days ago and on the main desk there was a 5 gallon tank with nothing in it except some black sand and a pleco that was 8 inches long. I went to the store manager to ask him if I could take the pleco home (It's a common by the way) and he said I could have him for $2, so I didn't hesitate to take him. Once I got him home I took a closer look at him to see just what I got myself into. Turns out he was missing half his tail fins and and he had some signs of ick starting in.
So I gave him a salt bathe over a few days and he's made some awesome improvements and he's swimming around pretty happily in a 20 gallon tank.
I'll be moving him to a larger tank once I make sure he's ok and won't give my other fish anything.
I'll post a picture once I can get my digital camera to upload the pictures, for some reason it won't let me.

a five gallon tank with an 8 inch pleco...wow that is sad

Yeah it really is. Some people just don't know what they're doing, or they just don't care.

How 5g with 6 inch they cant even turn :(. poor little guy

Teelie said:
I'm kind of shocked it was still alive when you found it.
[snapback]849670[/snapback]​

Yeah I was pretty shocked too, it was just insane how cramped he was in that tank.

Yeah he went through a lot of trama, thankfully he's still doing alright.

Yeah, I don't think he was in there for an extended amount of time, but he wasn't in good shape.

The pleco did fine with the salt bath, so don't worry about it.

Most reactions

trending

Back