Saved a male today...

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

emeraldking

Staff member
Global Moderator āš’ļø
Reaction score
Saved a strawberry peacock cichlid today... And IĀ“ve already found a new home for him...
HeĀ“s about 13 cm in size... HeĀ“s majestic to look at...
HeĀ“s moved to a 2 meter tank. So, he's way better off now...

The manager of a pet store asked me to come over. And she asked me if I had some place left at my place for this cichlid. He was kept in a tiny tank and ate another younger male of his own kind. Well, I had a meter tank left. Which I'm using as a quarantine tank. When I came home, I've put him in that quarantine tank first and planned to make some calls. One of them had him on his wishlist. And he had already other Malawi cichlids. 15 Minutes after my call, they've picked him up. They've got a 2 meter tank with those cichlids in it.

IMG_6101.JPG

IMG_6105.JPG
IMG_6112.JPG

He looks really majestic...

Attachments

• IMG_6102.JPG
    IMG_6102.JPG
    166.8 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_6106.JPG
    IMG_6106.JPG
    146.2 KB · Views: 74
Nice looking fish..... why couldn't they sell it?

That'd be gone in a day by me for around 50 bucks.
ItĀ“s a general pet store and fish like these donĀ“t belong to their regular programm. In general, they sell just the common ones. But most important to mention is that this fish was half the size of the tank he was in. he used to share it with another fish of his own kind. Which he ate.
I was able to give him a tank with way more space. But I wanted this fish to have more space than I was able to offer. I know a lot of african cichlid keepers. The store gave me this fish for free in order to give him a better home. Nobody wanted to buy him. Forunately, IĀ“ve found a new address for him and he stayed at muy place for just over an hour after IĀ“ve called one of those cichlid keepers. HeĀ“s way better off now.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back