Saturday's Rugby

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Ami

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I just have to say this to all those rugger lads out there, especially Andy and CFC

Na na na na naaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!
:p :p :p

Missed the game, but it sounds like we played one dimensional and paid for it. Fair play to the Scots for playing the conditions better.

Still, we didn't win a grand slam for about 4 years until 2003, And we all know what followed that. There's only one real prize in rugby now, the rest is working towards it.

Be interesting to see if Scotland can hold this form though, or will it be a flash in the pan, like Wales last year.

Going with our record in everything else, I'm inclined to suspect that Saturday was the flash and now it's all down the pan!
:S

Going on previous years, I think Scotland will have a good final two games and then disappoint next year (Wales anyone?).

So long as we beat Ireland I will be happy. France is always iffy...if they show up you are in trouble...If not, they are very beatable (IIRC Argentina have beaten them like 4 or 5 times on the bounce now).

But I digress from a very good performance from the scots, and a very worrying one from the English...I think this shows more than anything that we need a true Inside Centre (rather than "Crash ball Tindle") and we ened to teach the backs that miss passes do NOT belong in overlaps...I dread to think how many tries we would have now in this tournament if the backs could finish moves off...

On the scottish side, do they have the depth in numbers? Wales looked pretty last year, lost a couple of players to injury and have looked very poor for it, I don't mean losing huge swathes (like England did after November 2003) but just a few good players and they have really come unstuck. Were it not for a fairly weak red card they would be staring down the wooden spoon (and still could be).

Should be good for the end of this championship, though I fail to see a NH team winning old bill in france next year...

What's happened to Farrell?

Since you stole him from us last year he has been commiting some form of benefit fraud.

Farrell was a waste

He was never going to fit in, he's too slow for centres, and not technically good enough to play top level flanker, too small for number 8 and has neither the skill for the other backs, nor the size for tight 5. Basically, he's a waste of money. At a time when we had to look forwards, we bought a 29 year old with more bad joints than the old Queen mum (God bless her).

Shame really, that 2 million spent on him is nearly the entire wage cap for a premiership side...All the serious union fans said it was a stupid move, and have been proved right. Sadly, the "old farts" at RFU seem dis-connected from the real rugby world...

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back