Sam's Nano Journal

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Thanks you two :)

Yeh finally got the HC working (cheeky Llj!!)! It is annoying that it was the light all along, so many scapes could have been done in the 18moths it took me to work it out. I redid this tank the other day, same HC but a more of a dramatic hill, just to see how it works.

The colours of the shrimp, HC and fish are nice I think.

Sam

Hi sam, ive just read through every post in this thread, took me a while but i got there in the end. That tank has been through alot, so many scapes too. :lol:

So how long are you going to leave it like this then? :sly:

It looks excellent, the colours of the shrimp and fish really work with the green and the rocks.

Guggpy man - yes its been through a hell of a lot! :lol: I've already stripped the tank down and done a rescape, same principle with the HC and rock, etc but just a single hill and much taller. Once I get this next one done I'll experiment with other styles and designs and add a few more plants. The good thing about a smaller tank is that you dont need many plants, in fact the more you have the worse it can look sometimes.

Liam - Thank :)

Its always a learning curve this hobby, I hadn't planned on the HC being quite so think, so the smaller rocks got more lost that I had wanted.

Sam

Superb looking tank, Themuleous. It's been years since I posted, but can remember the trials you went through initially with this tank.

The HC looks excellent. Getting a new tank soon, planning a low maintenance tank, but some HC would be nice.

Of to AE methinks.

Well its been a while since I updated this journal, so thought I would. Not really much to say other than Ive changed the scape, still simple but more height from the substrate. Still 100% HC. The HC took a while to get going after the rescape but once it did it didn't take long to cover the tank. Its had one good trim to tidy it up. Ferts, etc as before.

The 'bits' floating int he water are bubbles from the HC, which went nuts when I lowered the lighting for the photo shoot!

Full1-resize.jpg

Full2-resize.jpg

Leftside-resize-1.jpg

Shrimp-resize.jpg

Sam

Looks good as I wish I could think of how to do stuff like this mine just looks boring and I don't know much about plants yet so its kinda hard hopefully i'll get the hang of it and get something like this in the future.

You will, this scape is the result of literally years (must be over 3 now) of dead plants, algae and confusion.

Stick with it :)

Sam

well you can certianley grow HC! :)

i thought you were supposed to get as much lighting over the tank as possible for the photo, or do you mean the room lighting :unsure:

Oh no, I mean lower as in move downwards so it was closer to the tank ;)

Sam

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back