Salt/pH

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

cichlidmaster

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
Ok,

Since so much has been discussed about salt and pH, I thought I would start a thread about it.

It goes this way...

To add salt or not add salt. Give us your reasons why you do or why not to.

To raise or lower pH or leave it be. Same thing...state your reasons why you do or don't.

THE RULES.....

This is meant to be an informative thread and NOT a place to flame someones views.

Please state your position professionally, if I see this thread getting out of control I will either lock it or delete it entirely!!

Let the debates begin......

CM

I was first adviced to use salt in my community tank by my LFS. The dosages I use are very weak and probably make no difference what so ever but I have had no casualties and no problems since my tank has been set up. For anyone interested, 1 teaspoon every 4 gallons Put it in the net so it dissolves in there and then the fish can't eat the little bits before they dissolve.

Well that is to say, I used to do that with no problems. For the last 2 months I have not added any salt to my tank when doing water changes and I have to say I have not noticed one bit of difference the fish are all happy and no casualties. I guess this just shows if you keep your other tank parameters good it doesn't matter if you have salt in the tank.

pH, I'm not really too fused about this I just leave it the way it is but it is pretty neutral - 7.2 so I guess thats why :p .

ok, i do not add salt to my tanks, reasons, apart from no obvious benefits to me, im also to lazy to remember how much and when for each tank lol.

the only time i use it is for treating ich.

i dont add salt as i keep lots of cory's and plecs! :D :D

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back