FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

MylesVinno

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have two clown loaches, one 10cm and one 8cm. I am going to sell most of the fish in my tank and start afresh but I am unsure of what I should sell the loaches for.
Does anyone know an accurate price that I could sell them for?

Thanks
smile.png

Sorry, but I do not know what prices clowns normally sells for in Australia.

Perhaps looking at your LFS and online for you local area and seeing what prices they have for their clown loaches and that will give you an idea what sort of price you want.

Here in Arizona they go for around $14 USD or less most of the time less. 

About $ 20 at Pet Barn

15 for a fully grown clown loach, 7 for juviniles over in texas

15 for a fully grown clown loach
That seems cheap for a fish thats 12 or so inches long and is  a few years old, the food alone would cost over $15 in the first year.

mqdefault.jpg

The small one is about the size you see in LFS, and I doubt the big one is fully grown yet.

NickAu said:

15 for a fully grown clown loach
That seems cheap for a fish thats 12 or so inches long and is  a few years old, the food alone would cost over $15 in the first year.

mqdefault.jpg

The small one is about the size you see in LFS, and I doubt the big one is fully grown yet.

Wow! How big is the larger one!

Thats not my fish but they can reach 12 to 6 inches.

Image not of my fish
large-clown-loach.jpg

NickAu said:
Thats not my fish but they can reach 12 to 6 inches.

Image not of my fish
large-clown-loach.jpg
Wow I didnt realise that :)

This thread just reminded me how much I love clown loaches. I had a tank with 5 of them and they were so playful. Just great fish. But yes, they do get big and do so pretty quick.

Price will really depend on how eager you are to sell the clown loaches, really cheap and you will likely get a few takers, a realistic price regarding their size/ age will often put the cheap stakes off. Price will also be affected by your willingness or ability to post or if the sale is only for local collection.

Looking online at a fish sale site they have 10cm clown loaches for $63.28 each or 4 for $52.50. Keeping in mind this is a business and they need to make profit on the outlay and wages I would suggest that the largest clown could be sold for around $40 and the smaller one for around $30. Of course you can always offer negotiation on price with a suitable buyer.

i mean, most of the ones i see at my new LFS are about 12 for the 3/4 grown ones (6-10 inches)

Chad said:
This thread just reminded me how much I love clown loaches. I had a tank with 5 of them and they were so playful. Just great fish. But yes, they do get big and do so pretty quick.
These are my guys.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TE6p9KqzmVM

That's just the behavior I was talking about! 

For the good of the fish I would try to find someone who has the wherewithall to keep Clown Loaches and then give them away. Small Clown's (like yours) look cute but as has been said, they grow and someone will need a six foot tank in which to keep them. IMHO it's better to have a good home than a good price (which won't be much for 8 and 10cm fish). Mine range from 12cm to 20cm and if I had to rehome them I would certainly be looking at the quality of home to which they were going.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back