Saffron Goby Won't Eat Any Ideas

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

bae1994

Fact. Bears eat beets. Bears.Beets.Battlestar
Reaction score
I've had my saffron goby for a few weeks and he's getting thinner and won't eat I've tried

Live brine shrimp
Frozen brine shrimp
Marine pellets
New erra pellets

And nothing I've tried treating with octozin to but still nope

The stats all check out and the temps staying pretty good ( even in this weather :crazy: )

But I need ideas

Any helps apreciated Bae

Try a flake food and/or use a garlic product to entise feeding.

Do you have a q tank? It might be an internal parasite.

I'll try garlic soaking and ive got some flake somewhere so will try that

I havnt got a qaurentine but may set one up if I can but the octozin is meant to deal with internal+ external parasites ( I know it could of not killed it but still )

Also try mysis, I've found even finicky fish will go for it. Also I agree with Lewis, always good to make sure there's nothing wrong with him.

Yeah I went to get mysis today and they had none also tho he goes for the shrimp but gulps them then spits them out a few seconds later

My fish won't eat sticks or pellets but will eat flakes so worth a try. I have found that most fish give in eventually even if they are fussy! If he's trying the brine, he prob just doesn't want it, try a new food and see.

Good luck, keep us posted!! :good:

Is he small?? Like a baby?

No he's big enough to eat them defiantly but he's getting thinner by the day buy I'll try flake today

Cheers

My lfs still doesn't have mysis shrimp but got some garlic brine I'm gonna try now

Cheers bae

U can something like this but it's quite expensive..

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=310329539440&index=9&nav=SEARCH&nid=05098849450

I have struggled with getting my Saffron Goby for weeks not eating despite trying all the above suggestion he appeared on deaths door. Then I was advised to buy some fresh uncooked shrimp from the supermarket and cut it up to really tiny pieces and then try several times a day with small portions dropped above bit. Amazing result it soon got a like for it and is now accepting other foods including frozen mussel and blood worm. Freeze what's is left of the fresh shrimp because it's much easier to cut up to the right size with a very sharp knife from frozen. Good luck.

Still some nice information, if ever one has the same problem ;)

First post in along time, thought I may aswell update unfortunatly the goby died not to long after my last post It just wouldn't eat at all.

Also awsome signature, I made a white Russian the other night and it did not live up to expectations.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back