Rummynose Tetras And Final Stocking

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Ny82

1 Woman Army ;)
Reaction score
Hi, so I have seen a lot of love on this forum for these tetras. I was not a fan, didn't like the whole red face thing-until today. 
Today I went in for the kill and got 6 rummynose tetras. There were only 6 left so she gave me them for £10. It was the best purchase I have ever made, I admit it I love them. They school so tightly, their faces have went very bright red and I love the black and white striped tail!  I am totally in love with them! 

Here is my final stocking then. 

180L

Bottom
4 c.elegans
3 longfin c.peppers
4 c.pandas
2 c.melini (can't find anymore yet)

Middle
3 gold rams 1m 2f
6 rummynose tetras (can I add another 4?)

10 zebra danios. 

Finally happy with it now! Does it sound ok? I have the colour and I have the movement!

You could *probably* get away with another 4 rummynose as well as the couple more c.melni you want to add.

£10!? I could get that many for £6 at my lfs.
Your stocking sound fine to me, but I'm not too sure about the danios. I've heard they prefer subtropical conditions? Don't quote me on that though.

Elrohirthehasty said:
You could *probably* get away with another 4 rummynose as well as the couple more c.melni you want to add.

I can't find any more melini. They were specially ordered for me but could only get 2, I am awaiting more stock :( 
wrightt3 said:
£10!? I could get that many for £6 at my lfs.
Your stocking sound fine to me, but I'm not too sure about the danios. I've heard they prefer subtropical conditions? Don't quote me on that though.
My temp is at 24 for the cories and they seem to be zipping around fine lol. I have noticed though, some are gold and some are silver. The silver ones get chased around. 

Everything is more expensive up here 
evilmad.gif

Full tank shot

d8328bcf-0f23-4cd6-a63e-cf961bd13916_zps43f0cff2.jpg

Finally looks full! 

Ooh pretty tank NY!
The rummy nose do look nice against the green and yellow of the tank. :)

TallTree01 said:
Ooh pretty tank NY!
The rummy nose do look nice against the green and yellow of the tank.
smile.png

Thanks! I kept going past them, I really liked the black neons they were £2.50 each, quite pricey. The harlequins were the same price. I also seen some tetras with orange. I was in there for ages, chose the rummynoses because they are quite big. 
Even my rams have started coming out since they were put in,. I was starting to think I made a mistake getting rams as they wouldn't come out but seem to have gotten braver now lol.

I really like my rummynose tetras, I got 8 a year ago and they are always together. They are funny, if one nibbles on something some of the others will have to take it in turns to have a taste too! And they seem to take it in turns to follow each other around the tank like sheep!

levahe said:
I really like my rummynose tetras, I got 8 a year ago and they are always together. They are funny, if one nibbles on something some of the others will have to take it in turns to have a taste too! And they seem to take it in turns to follow each other around the tank like sheep!

I definitely want more! They are so much fun to watch and the red seems to be getting darker. The lady did say when they first go in the tank that they would be pale, they have darkened up well. I love how they stick together, that's what I like. 

Great choice on the Rummys!

I'm Loving your tank!

24°C is about the top of the danios temperature range, if you could take it down to 23°C they'd be even happier (not sure what your other fish would think of it though).
If you don't turn it down then they'll still be fine, they might just have a shorter lifespan :/

im considering some rummys over neons..especially since you mentioned they school tightly.

Thanks blondie-I can't really lower it any more, the rams prefer it higher lol. Argh I am stuck! I will leave it just now and see how they go. 

Megalodon this is why I chose them-they are awesome, all stick together!

Congrats NY82 so glad you have managed to get over 97ltr your tank looks fantastic I am considering rummynose my self :)

meandmykribs said:
Congrats NY82 so glad you have managed to get over 97ltr your tank looks fantastic I am considering rummynose my self
smile.png

Thanks, I got a good deal out of it so I am finally happy with my tank :)

Most reactions

trending

Back