Rummynose Tetra

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

BobTheDog

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I've got a tank that is just finishing cycling. I've got 6 platys in it right now and I'm starting to think about next fish additions which will come in the next week or two. LFS has some Rummynose Tetras and I really liked their looks. Any advice on these fish? Tank is 55 gal and will be a community tank. My water is moderately soft and pH runs about 7.2. Are these fish hardy enough for a novice who is likely to make some mistakes? Are they good fish to add next or should I go for something else?

i bought 3 rummy nose tetras last week, wanted 6 but i don't have enough space for them yet. i really like their looks too. so far so good. i found them to be a bit shy and they tend to school with my neon tetras. my pH is 7.2 as well and i know they like slightly acidic water but they seem to do fine as it is. i'm new to aquariums too and although i've only had them for a week, they've survived an ich outbreak, so i'm taking that as a good sign that they are pretty hardy fish, not to mention really beautiful

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back