Rummynose Tetra, tank size, water parameters

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Yes they are cory's but when most people think about cory's they think about bronze or peppered not there smaller cousin
I may be the odd one out, but I've never thought that 'cory' means just bronze or peppered. There are so many cory species and pygmies are just one of them. It's the term 'pygmy catfish' that had me pausing for a moment as 'catfish' is a lot more than cories and I had to think what type of catfish it could be before I realised you were talking about a species of corydoras :)

I may be the odd one out, but I've never thought that 'cory' means just bronze or peppered. There are so many cory species and pygmies are just one of them. It's the term 'pygmy catfish' that had me pausing for a moment as 'catfish' is a lot more than cories and I had to think what type of catfish it could be before I realised you were talking about a species of corydoras :)
pygmy catfish on a google search only comes up with one fish ;)

Ok so say I lowered my ppm to 150 or something using RO water, should I go with pygmy corys or a different cory. I'd want 15 or so rummynoses and some sort of cory and maybe some shrimp or a GN pleco.

Ok so say I lowered my ppm to 150 or something using RO water, should I go with pygmy corys or a different cory. I'd want 15 or so rummynoses and some sort of cory and maybe some shrimp or a GN pleco.
I love pygmy cats and in your tank I think they would be great with the rummy noses. The other cory's get to be too large to have a decent school of them in a tank your size.

Ive got Rummies with pepper cories:)

If you go down the pygmy route you will need a bigger group to make them feel more secure. Id do at least 12-15 in a 33g.

Loads of cories to chose from tho

Ive got Rummies with pepper cories:)

If you go down the pygmy route you will need a bigger group to make them feel more secure. Id do at least 12-15 in a 33g.

Loads of cories to chose from tho
I do like pepper corys but I also like sterbais. I could go down the pygmy route and get 15 or so but it would take a lot of persuasion from my mum in terms of money lol.

I do like pepper corys but I also like sterbais. I could go down the pygmy route and get 15 or so but it would take a lot of persuasion from my mum in terms of money lol.
Sterbai's are lovely:)

I think that would be a good choice for you then in terms of the bigger cories. You could get a group of 6 to start with as the dwarfs really do need more straight off. Although it depends on how cories price up where you live. 12 to 15 dwarf cories could be cheaper than 6 sterbai's.

By me i got 15 bronze and 10 peppers for almost the same prices as i paid for just 9 panda's!! Crazy how some cories are way more than others. Sterbai's are pretty expensive my way.

Sterbai's are lovely:)

I think that would be a good choice for you then in terms of the bigger cories. You could get a group of 6 to start with as the dwarfs really do need more straight off. Although it depends on how cories price up where you live. 12 to 15 dwarf cories could be cheaper than 6 sterbai's.

By me i got 15 bronze and 10 peppers for almost the same prices as i paid for just 9 panda's!! Crazy how some cories are way more than others. Sterbai's are pretty expensive my way.
Hmmm yeah defo seems like the bronze and pepper which are more easy to breed are less expensive. I might go for a mixture of bronze and sterbai or sterbai and pepper etc.

Hmmm yeah defo seems like the bronze and pepper which are more easy to breed are less expensive. I might go for a mixture of bronze and sterbai or sterbai and pepper etc.
Pygmy's are very easy to breed. I bred them in a 60 liter tank with clown Killifish above them spawning as well. None of the adults gave two hoots about their fry and I ended up with multiple generations.

Pygmy's are very easy to breed. I bred them in a 60 liter tank with clown Killifish above them spawning as well. None of the adults gave two hoots about their fry and I ended up with multiple generations.
How many did you have?

Started with 6 clown Killifish and 10 pygmy cats. Ended up with about 30 of each
So what would my stocking look like if I was to go with rummynose and pygmys? Should I see if I could add like some apistogramma or some kribensis?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back