Rummynose swimming strangely

Helpful info, @Colin_T , but a month before the next fish???? I'm ok with that, but I'm getting annoyed coz my relatives are wondering like when are you going to get the next fish?? I told them wait a week but a month??? But whatever you say, ok I will do what you say.

It is preferable to leave any aquarium to settle down for at least 1 month after any fish die. This gives you time to monitor the remaining fish for disease and to treat anything that might appear. If no more diseases appear, then it gives the fish a month to recover from the stress associated with a dead fish and new fish being added to the tank.

If you add more fish too soon, there is a chance you introduce new diseases to the tank and the current fish might still be in a weakened state and more susceptible to catching something. There is also stress associated with adding new fish to a tank and potentially upsetting the current pecking order.

If you don't want to wait a month, at least wait 2 weeks before adding more fish after you lose one. :)

It is preferable to leave any aquarium to settle down for at least 1 month after any fish die. This gives you time to monitor the remaining fish for disease and to treat anything that might appear. If no more diseases appear, then it gives the fish a month to recover from the stress associated with a dead fish and new fish being added to the tank.

If you add more fish too soon, there is a chance you introduce new diseases to the tank and the current fish might still be in a weakened state and more susceptible to catching something. There is also stress associated with adding new fish to a tank and potentially upsetting the current pecking order.

If you don't want to wait a month, at least wait 2 weeks before adding more fish after you lose one. :)
It's been a week since I got them, will wait 2 more. Monitoring my fish carefully. They all have bright red noses. One might have something wrong. Something like tail rot(tail disappearing but has stopped so it's fine). The fish looks fine now and all of them school.

@Colin_T, when can I move them to my 55g?

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back