Rummy-Nose Textre

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

jayjay316

Reaction score
Hi Guys, Hope all is well. Question why do Rummy nose Tetra while swimming just stop and noes dive then rejoin the group.
I have 8 and just brought another 6, but they will all be swimming along nicely lol. and one will just stop and and float noes down and then rejoin.
They are great fish to have mental even lol. Sorry it could be a really stupid question to ask but its my first time having them. My tank is 350L and im looking to to get another 20 or so Rummys.. Anybody else have rummy out there

Hi Jayjay
I don't have rummy nose anymore but I did keep them around 10 yrs ago.
Mine always did this, I have no idea why but it was fun to watch.
It looked like the shoal leader would drop and go to the back of the group and then the next one to become front man would do the same.
Great little active and fun fish!
The only reason I don't keep them anymore is a like to try different species but I'm sure sometime in the future I will keep them again.
Alison

Hi Jayjay
I don't have rummy nose anymore but I did keep them around 10 yrs ago.
Mine always did this, I have no idea why but it was fun to watch.
It looked like the shoal leader would drop and go to the back of the group and then the next one to become front man would do the same.
Great little active and fun fish!
The only reason I don't keep them anymore is a like to try different species but I'm sure sometime in the future I will keep them again.
Alison
Thanks Alison.

What do you have at the moment in your tank.
I will take a pic of my tank and post it..

Jay, may I ask where you live? If you're close by you can have the poor lone rummy I've had in my work tank for a couple of months. She's technically quarantined so could go straight in, and would love being part of the school I'm sure.

At the moment i have leopard and dwarf cory, albino veil tail bristlenose plec, golden nugget plec, cardinal tetra, black emperor tetra,cherry barb,dwarf neon rainbowfish, guppy, platy and dwarf gourami. I also have an apple snail and 2 nerite snails+babies!
I haven't posted a pic of my tank but I will get round to it!
Alison

bah I'm the other end of the country in Yorkshire :( She's so lonely, and quite old so Im a bit reluctant to post :( I love rummys though :) just wish I had a tank big enough for a huge shoal

bah I'm the other end of the country in Yorkshire :( She's so lonely, and quite old so Im a bit reluctant to post :( I love rummys though :) just wish I had a tank big enough for a huge shoal
AWWWWWWWWWW Thats a shame as my tank is 350L. I am looking to buy some more as i would like to have about 40 in the tank. But at the moment the price is about 6 for £20 so will take me abit of time to get my numbers up. How much are they up there. Yorkshire must be lovely.

theyre around £2.50 - £3 each.

I would love a shoal of rummies, but I don't have the space for a big enough tank. This one is one that I rescued from a disgusting tank that was getting shut down and the person doing it was threatening to collect all the fish in the tank and either flush them, or put them in a bag and drop a brick on them. This one is the only survivor as the rest died of shock :-(

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back