Royal Mail Parcel Collect (UK)

• Thread starter Deleted member 149562
  • Start date

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

D

Deleted member 149562

Not many good things have come out of the pandemic but for those of us with mobility issues or who have multiple parcels - including goods returns - to send, the UK's Royal Mail rolled out a new service...Parcel Collect.

For a mere 60p, which is a fixed charge regardless of size of letter or parcel, the posties who do your delivery round will collect any letter or parcel and send it into the postal system....no more trying to get post to the box or post office yourself.

You can either print your own labels, the postie will bring you a label for the item (you just fill the form online with destination name/address) or you use the returns label and enter the tracking code. Everything is arranged online, you get emails when you book/pay for the service, confirmation of collection as proof of posting and on tracked items you get a delivery email.

I am housebound and its always difficult to get letters and parcels sent out but not anymore. I have used the service to send my DNR/ADRT letters and now have a large box with all the old ISP equipment inside to go back to the now ex ISP company that will be collected tomorrow morning.

Even if you do not have mobility issues it is a great service to use, fuss free and easy

I wish they would do something like that here in Western Australia. I am expected to go to a post office during business hours 9am-5pm during the pandemic. The nearest post office is 6km away but is located at a major shopping centre that is packed with people.

I wish they would do something like that here in Western Australia. I am expected to go to a post office during business hours 9am-5pm during the pandemic. The nearest post office is 6km away but is located at a major shopping centre that is packed with people.
My closest post office is about half a mile away but being housebound and having no family or trustworthy neighbours, getting things sent or anything returned has always been a nightmare.

Knowing that I can just go online and request a pick up from my front door for what is a very nominal fee is brilliant. On things that are not returns you just pay the postage rate according to what service you want (next day delivery, tracked, 1st class etc) plus the 60p. Even though it says parcels in the link, the scheme also allows people to use the collection service for normal letters too.

The pandemic is why they started offering the service since when everyone was in full lockdown 2 years ago, it was impossible to get anything posted.

All of our restrictions have been lifted for a while now but the Post Office have decided to keep the collection service going cos it has proved so popular...especially with those sending multiple parcels due to eBay etc, they send a van to collect it all instead of the eBayer having to lug everything to the Post Office.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back