Roseline Shark

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Kajuki18

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone here has them? What size tank you keep them? Tankmates? Also if you don't know what this fish looks like check out the pic. :D Roseline Shark

Those are cute little fellows. I would like to try, they seem very interesting I might give it a try since I have a empty 30 gallon just waiting to have some fish in it. Just got threw cycling..

Also/better known as the Red Line Torpedo barb, Puntius Denisonii is becoming very popular in the hobby. They're relatively peaceful schoolers and should be kept in groups of 6 or more. Keep the lid on the tank, as they're a little jumpy. High oxygen levels are also appreciated.

Most importantly, realize that these fish reach 4" and sometimes longer, so having a school of them is not going to be like having a school of cardinals. They need space.

Wildly beautiful fish. Definitely on my wish list... :thumbs:

They crtainly like their swimming space.

>>> I have a empty 30 gallon

I would suggest that is really too small for denisoni, a group of 4-5 fish really needs at least a 55.

:sad: I definatlry want some too. I love the colors and the fact that they are peaceful community fish is fantastic. HOw many do you think could fit in a 30 gallon?

I would get some but they are way out of my price range, they cost like 45 dollars each. Every place i go to find some in Chicago.

As I said above, denisoni should be kept in groups of say 4-5 fish, and are very active swimmers. Thus I do not believe a 30 is sufficient to keep the species.

yeah,i keep them.i have 7.if you want to know anything about them,give me a pm.very peaceful fish.have you seen fully grown denisonii?? stunning.have never nipped another fish,very placid,very colourful,the perfect fish.ps approx £10 each in england.

ps i would keep as many as possible if i were you but your 35 might be a bit small.buy 5 baby ones and see how you go.

I was wondering if anyone here has them? What size tank you keep them? Tankmates? Also if you don't know what this fish looks like check out the pic. :D Roseline Shark

I was at the pet store the other day and saw them and I just had to have one. Of course there was a waiting list. I was looking on craigslist and found one for sale along with some other fish. I got them and now they all live together and seem quite happy. :) The tank I have them in has discus, clown and striata loaches and an elephant nose. They seem happy together

Desi

hi,they will be much happier in a group of 5-7.i have heard reports of them being nasty when kept in a single specimen.they are a stunning fish but really need a group of 5-7 and a tank of 55 gallons.the figures i am quoting are proven by myself.my group had stunnig colours all the time,no nipping/harrassing any tankmates ever.i kept mine with odessa barbs,sterbai cories,black ruby barbs.plenty of bogwood/plants and a ph of 6.5.fantastic fish.

Nice fish, very active, keep in groups, 4 ft tank minimum, well oxygenated water.
site1099.jpg

Agree with all the above. They need large schools and lots of room to swim. They were nearly unheard of in the aquarium trade until just recently. Unfortunately, the last time they were here they were about $39 each. The minimum you need to be humane to these fish is 6, so at $235, they can wait until someone can breed them down to $5 a piece. JMO.

Here is a pic I took of them at my lfs when i saw them for the first time and couldn't ID them. SH

whatfish1.jpg

Hello,

I have the opportunity to get some Roseline Sharks, and I am debating whether it's a good idea, because I currently have three Siamese Algae Eaters, and don't know if they'll get along with the Roselines.

I have a 75 gallon planted tank. The SAE's are my favorite fish in the tank. They are so fun to watch, and get along really well. I was thinking about getting one or two of the Roselines to see how they all do together. Anyone have any experience with the two together, or heard of any reason why they should not be together? I was also wondering if 75 gallons is big enough for the three SAE's and 2 or more Roselines.

Thanks,
Robin

Hello,

I have the opportunity to get some Roseline Sharks, and I am debating whether it's a good idea, because I currently have three Siamese Algae Eaters, and don't know if they'll get along with the Roselines.

I have a 75 gallon planted tank. The SAE's are my favorite fish in the tank. They are so fun to watch, and get along really well. I was thinking about getting one or two of the Roselines to see how they all do together. Anyone have any experience with the two together, or heard of any reason why they should not be together? I was also wondering if 75 gallons is big enough for the three SAE's and 2 or more Roselines.

Thanks,
Robin
SAEs should get along just fine with these guys, especially in a 75g planted tank. However, if you get 1, get 6. They are a schooling species. You wouldn't get one neon or danio, so don't get one roseline...

Also, what else do you have in the tank?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back