Rose Queen Cichlid

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

dirtydogg

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Does anybody know anything of them? I've been searching but have not come across any useful information.

It's another genetic mutant like the flowerhorn and parrot, just not very popular.

:huh: Flower horns and parrots are not mutants but Hybrids, Not sure about the rose queen as I've never seen or heard of them before.

Aren't rose queens just a variety of flowerhorn?

are they? My gf fell in love with them at the lfs but I need some info on them before I can tell her whether or not we can get them. She's not very patient either. I anybody has kept them please let me know about the size temperment and feeding of these fish.

its probably rather irritable and temperamental. most of the hybrids are. probably reaches over 8 inches in length and needs a minimum tank in the 55-90g range.

can you post a digital picture here? sometimes it can help to see a picture when speculating on what species went into a hybrid.

All I know is that if they're a variety of flowerhorn, which I'm pretty sure they are, they're satan incarnated as a fish and mean as sin :lol:

this would be the second post I have seen about these fish and it has been a very very long time since I have seen the last one. I don't think though that I have ever seen a pic of one though. so it would be hard to say if it is just yet another color variant of a FH or another hybird

i looked around for pics and info, but i was hard pressed to find any :/

except for what we alredy know anyway, they are a hybrid, and grow upwards of 8 inches (depending on the variety) and should be kept in a same species tank. :thumbs:

GuppyDude said:
lol i gave the search 30 minuts and i couldn't find a picture....does this fish even exist? :lol:
[snapback]843307[/snapback]​
I searched for quite a while too and couldn't find anything until I remembered reading the name on a flowerhorn site once. When I searched for "rosequeen flowerhorn" I did get several hits where they were mentioned on the same site, but nothing that confirmed rosequeens being a variant :/

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back