Rose Anemone

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Admit it Hazmat - you did a little victory dance didn't you?!?
As always your tank is amazing and you are an artist!
Hats off to you...

ALASKA

Hazmat said:
This is awsome...... I bought a Rose Anemone today and when i got home and took it out of the bag it split in two in my hand :cool: :kana: Now I have two for 2/3 the price of one (I got a good discount) They look so cool.

I'll post a pic from my web cam tonight in my tank setup thread

http://fish.orbust.net/forums/index.php?sh...topic=21084&hl=
Do you mind telling me how much you paid for that beautiful thing? They are $110 here!!!! :X

wow, really nice. one just sold here for £80

ste :thumbs: :)

ste2k3 said:
wow, really nice. one just sold here for £80

ste :thumbs: :)
I am a dummy.............80 pounds is how much in US dollars? Is it $160? :dunno:

Ok Ok I did do a victory dance :D
Well I guess I'm lucky I have a friend at the LFS :) I paid $60 US dollars
But you did not hear that from me :whistle:

Hazmat said:
Ok Ok I did do a victory dance :D
Well I guess I'm lucky I have a friend at the LFS :) I paid $60 US dollars
But you did not hear that from me :whistle:
Whoa momma that is sooooooooooo cheap!!

The price of rose BTAs is falling through the floor. They can be found for under $50 with patience. All the splitting...

Hazmat, I turned down a trade for a BTA after agreeing to it out of fear for my SPS. Do you keep SPS? Are you worried about it travelling and killing as it does? Also, what have you done to protect it against your powerheads???

Curious, didn't see in the thread, what skimmer are you running?

ostrow said:
The price of rose BTAs is falling through the floor. They can be found for under $50 with patience. All the splitting...

Hazmat, I turned down a trade for a BTA after agreeing to it out of fear for my SPS. Do you keep SPS? Are you worried about it travelling and killing as it does? Also, what have you done to protect it against your powerheads???

Curious, didn't see in the thread, what skimmer are you running?
Okay I am new *again* to marine fish, and totally new to corals, trying to learn all I can...........what is all of this SPS stuff and traveling and killing? :crazy:

ostrow
I don't keep SPS.... I'm still stocking the tank right now, well as much as my bank account will let me :S I ordered a screen for my powerheads don't have them yet but I'm not too worried about it. My skimmer is a Top Fathom TF100A

olive
Small polyp stony coral (SPS)
Bubble Tip Anemone (BTA)

What ostrow mentiond was BTA's move around, BTA's and coral do sting and could kill. Hope that helps you understand.

Hazmat

Will BTAs kill soft corals (like xenia)? I heard that they would leave soft corals (which have no defenses of their own) alone.

Was I told the wrong thing? -_-

I think it will be fine....
At my LFS they have a huge BTA in a tank full of soft coral's and they are doing great.
It also looks awesome :thumbs:

Hazmat

BTA's will normally be ok with softies. well with xenia/star polyps, its hard to kill the stuff. a friend of mine had some and had to take the rock out and use a power drill with one of the wire attachment thingy's to get rid. (obviously if you starve it of light it will die also)

ste :)

BTW- I have loads of SPS corals as well as a couple of softies and LPS (large polyped stoneys) and I just couldn't be bothered with an anenomy for the reasons ostrow said although may consider it in the near future.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back