Ropefish and Geophagus Parnaibae

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Ah, that might be where Wills and I are getting mixed up as the shop you mentioned is in Norfolk.

What is your water company's name?

Ah, that might be where Wills and I are getting mixed up as the shop you mentioned is in Norfolk.

What is your water company's name?
I found this

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200803-073711.png
    Screenshot_20200803-073711.png
    54.7 KB · Views: 122
Also my geo only seems to eat the pellet when it is sinking and I only roughly see if eat one whole one a day and some halfs it will spit out, is this normal

We need your hardness. And a number not words because water companies define hardness differently from fish fish keeping.

What is the name of your water company?

I don't know but if you can work it out from the Norwich place I'm near southwold

Southwold comes under Essex & Suffolk Water. They are part of the Northumbrian Water group, and Northumbrian water supplies my water. E&SW website is laid out exactly the same as Northumbrian, which means they don't give a number for hardness (they used to till they updated their site at the end of last year). For High Street Southwold they say "very hard" which in water company language means over 300 ppm or 16.8 dH. That's as close as we can get.

It doesn't really matter for the exact number; over 16.8 dH is good enough.

I'll leave Wills to deal with that hardness for Geophagus.

Thanks for all this help guys , will the clown loaches be nice to the rope fish as there both bottom dwellers

The clown loaches are a problem. Your water is too hard for them; they are shoaling fish which need a group of at least 6, and you are going to need a tank at least 180 cm long to house them. I would take them back to the shop as you've only just got them.

As you've said the pearl don't like fire mouth , I have a small tank with only juvenile swordtails 60l 4 Ottos 2 amanos and one zebra snail could I move them to there

Pearl gouramis need a bigger tank than 60 litres, I'm afraid.

Ok thanks for helping you guys it's been very helpful

Also would ropefish and my others be able to go with tyre track eel

Most reactions

Back