FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Kimberly_keidron

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
Hello,
smile.png

I'm asking before I take action as that always seems to make the outcome more positive.

I recently acquired a rope fish from my LFS. I did my research and read that because they've never been bred in captivity that they should be fed live or frozen food. I purchased frozen blood worms to attempt at getting her to eat, no success. I've also tried shrimp pellets, which I read that some enjoyed. Still nothing.

I'm just curious if I could possibly add some feeder minnows to my tank in hopes that she'll appreciate the small prey item and eat.

In my time of owning an African clawed frog who refused to eat anything that wasn't alive I read on using them and read warnings about barbs in the fins of certain species, however my frog never had a problem, he ate them all they way up until he was big enough to eat 2 in. goldfish.

Any advice on this, or suggestions of other live foods that I could feed her would be greatly appreciated. I'd like to avoid anymore bloodworms, live or frozen as my tinfoil barbs gorge themselves before she gets a chance if she does decide she'd like to eat.

Thank you in advance.

Hi , odd that you should have this problem as I always found them one of the easiest oddball fish to feed. I kept 6 years ago and they fed on tmc catfish pellets predominantly but also prawn, brine shrimp etc pretty much anything that went in the tank. Maybe they prefer being in a group more

I keep two rope fish currently as along as my forearm there favourite food is chopped prawn which you can pick up from the supermarket

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back