Rooting roses in fishtank.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Horsesarefun

Reaction score
I have several different plants growing in my tanks and I know Pothos you need to root separately first because the stems of a fresh-cut plant can leak toxins. I have rose cuttings I was trying to root in water. It requires the water to be changed every 3 days or so. I'm assuming because it sucks all the nutrients out of the water. Has anyone rooted roses, or even mini roses in a fish tank before? I don't want to kill my fish but I need to be careful as I have dogs and try to stick with plants that are not toxic to dogs, which are few. The pothos plant is up high.

I have several different plants growing in my tanks and I know Pothos you need to root separately first because the stems of a fresh-cut plant can leak toxins. I have rose cuttings I was trying to root in water. It requires the water to be changed every 3 days or so. I'm assuming because it sucks all the nutrients out of the water. Has anyone rooted roses, or even mini roses in a fish tank before? I don't want to kill my fish but I need to be careful as I have dogs and try to stick with plants that are not toxic to dogs, which are few. The pothos plant is up high.
i don't think it's worth it and it grows very slowly, one time i cut a rose and rooted it in water, and for like a few months nothing happened
some things that i think might work:
monstera deliciosa
other philodendrons
i also think that anything should be rooted before putting it in a fish tank.

roses don't do well with wet feet, they rot and are not suited to riparian settings.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back