Root tabs

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Jadzir

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Looking for recommendations for root tabs.
So many different ones out there.
Not a high tech set up.
Thanks

I've had great results with seachem flourish root tabs, they don't leech into the water column either. Just be sure to not disturb near the tab site during vacuuming. On amazon they're relatively inexpensive

Looking for recommendations for root tabs.
So many different ones out there.
Not a high tech set up.
Thanks
flourish tabs are very good and probably up there as the best root tabs. They are pricey tho at around £12 for just ten which isnt great if you have a large or multiple tanks.

Tbh ive also used some cheaper tabs off Ebay which have been fantastic.

Flourish Tabs have several positive aspects, with no negative that I am aware of. Some 12 years ago I had Nutrafin (I think) Plant Gro Sticks, and I could not believe the growth, but I have not seen them since (I changed to FT then) so I guess they are no longer available.

Never buy terrestrial plant tabs, these contain far too much nitrogen (and often phosphates) and these are the last nutrients you should ever be adding to a low-tech or natural planted tank if fish are present. Some claim they work fine, but there are too many reports of algae issues, and the fact is that the fish being fed normally will provide more than sufficient of both nitrogen (as ammonia/ammonium which aquatic plants take up through the leaves, not roots, anyway) and phosphorus.

The Seachem flourish tabs I've had before were cone shaped but my most recent purchase are disk shaped and labelled "gravel bed supplement" and the packet says 'New and improved'. Not sure about them yet, I was happy with the old ones.
BTW capsules are really annoying in sand as the coloured beads pop up to the surface.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back