Ronaldo Betta rotten fin

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Yazanfalces

Reaction score
First of all I apologize if my English is not good as it's not my native language.
I have gotten a Betta I think half moon, since march 8th and the fins were alright nothing weird in them and then I started noticing that they became more pointy and I googled to find out that this is what's called rotten fin.

The aquarium is 8L or 2.11 gallons (I can't have bigger aquarium just incase you gonna suggest it).

My question is what can I do which would help tackling this rotten fin, and more over is the colour on the scales normal or not?

I don't know the pH levels, I got this powder when I bought it that the shop advised me to get called safe( removes chlorine, chloramine, and ammonia and detoxifies nitrite and nitrate) since I live in Dubai and all tap water is desalinated and high on chemicals. I stopped using the powder after 2 weeks ( I change the water every week) and now I use filtered water which he seem to like it more.

I attached pictures to be able to help me.

Attachments

• IMG20200331134600.jpg
    IMG20200331134600.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG20200331134817.jpg
    IMG20200331134817.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 109
  • 1585915008716206887240185233805.jpg
    1585915008716206887240185233805.jpg
    232.3 KB · Views: 112
Are you sure that’s actually fin rot? I can’t tell from the pictures. He is definitely a crown tail, and they naturally have that look to their fins.

Im not saying it isn’t fin rot, I’m just saying it might not be. What are your water parameters? Does the tank have a heater? How often do you do water changes? How often do you clean the filter?

Are you sure that’s actually fin rot? I can’t tell from the pictures. He is definitely a crown tail, and they naturally have that look to their fins.

Im not saying it isn’t fin rot, I’m just saying it might not be. What are your water parameters? Does the tank have a heater? How often do you do water changes? How often do you clean the filter?
Well the shop I got him from said it's a half moon (unclear picture is the time I bought him)
Water parameters do you mean aquarium size if that's the question it's 8.5 X 5.8 inch width and 8 inch height, I don't have water heater since it's always hot and the room is always kept at 27c by AC.
I change water weekly recently started every 3 days just till I see some improvements on the fin. And I clean filter every week but not like just wash it with warm water.

I also uploaded a close up picture not sure if u can see it but the downside fin/anal fin is in way better condition. And is the discolouration like different colour normal or no.

Attachments

• IMG20200403194040.jpg
    IMG20200403194040.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG-20200403-WA0020.jpg
    IMG-20200403-WA0020.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 100
Well the shop I got him from said it's a half moon (unclear picture is the time I bought him)
Water parameters do you mean aquarium size if that's the question it's 8.5 X 5.8 inch width and 8 inch height, I don't have water heater since it's always hot and the room is always kept at 27c by AC.
I change water weekly recently started every 3 days just till I see some improvements on the fin. And I clean filter every week but not like just wash it with warm water.

I also uploaded a close up picture not sure if u can see it but the downside fin/anal fin is in way better condition. And is the discolouration like different colour normal or no.
No, when someone says, “What are your water parameters” they mean what are your ph, Nitrate, Nitrite, Ammonia, GH, etc. readings.

Did you read up on how to properly cycle a tank? If you didn’t, here is a helpful link:https://www.fishforums.net/threads/cycling-your-new-fresh-water-tank-read-this-first.421488/

Don’t feel bad if you didn’t, we all make mistakes. The important thing is we need to learn from them. If you don’t already, you need to get a test kit. (That might be hard now due to all of this COVID-19 stuff going around, so try to order it online) :)

He also looks a tad bit bloated. What do you feed him and how often?

Im still confused, in post #3 was the one on the left when you first got him? Or the picture o the right?

Aww thanks well for the parameters I have no clue tbh. Don't have the kit, and I was actually scrolling them earlier today. Is there like a kit fits them all or I should get each seperate?
I have never cycle thanks for the link will check it and try to do it asap.

Regarding the food I feed him twice a day once in the morning when I wake up and once after like 9 hours, I use ocean nutrition Alison's Betta food pellets, around 7 pellets or less.

The picture on the right is when I bought him (the crappy one not clear) and the other with the more focus and light blue light is now.

Water parameters are GH, KH, pH and temperature.

Water conditions are ammonia, nitrite and nitrate.

Everyone gets them mixed up.
Are you sure on that? If that is true, then why does my test kit specifically say you need to test for all of these water parameters? (Including the ones you said, were not)

From all my experience, they are water parameters and for the purpose of this case, may we please just call them water parameters? :)

Aww thanks well for the parameters I have no clue tbh. Don't have the kit, and I was actually scrolling them earlier today. Is there like a kit fits them all or I should get each seperate?
I have never cycle thanks for the link will check it and try to do it asap.

Regarding the food I feed him twice a day once in the morning when I wake up and once after like 9 hours, I use ocean nutrition Alison's Betta food pellets, around 7 pellets or less.

The picture on the right is when I bought him (the crappy one not clear) and the other with the more focus and light blue light is now.
There is an API master test kit that you can get that tests for Ammonia, ph, high ph, nitrate, And nitrite. You will need to call your local water provider or get the API GH test kit to find out your GH. (General Hardness)

7 pellets sounds like a LOT to me. I feed mine only 4 a day and they are perfectly happy. Try to cut down the feeding to 4 pellets a day

Now that I look at the pictures, he does look like a halfmoon or a super delta tale. Have you seen any improvements yet with the daily water changes?

The API test kit instructions are using the words incorrectly like most people do :)

There is an API master test kit that you can get that tests for Ammonia, ph, high ph, nitrate, And nitrite. You will need to call your local water provider or get the API GH test kit to find out your GH. (General Hardness)

7 pellets sounds like a LOT to me. I feed mine only 4 a day and they are perfectly happy. Try to cut down the feeding to 4 pellets a day

Now that I look at the pictures, he does look like a halfmoon or a super delta tale. Have you seen any improvements yet with the daily water changes?

I started today feeding him as you said.
Regarding the test kits I found some but I don't know if they are good or what I need. If you may have a look and tell me which to go for if it's not much to ask.
Link: https://www.dubaipetfood.com/shop/jbl-easy-test-5011p.html

Product name: API 5-in-1 Test Strips Freshwater and Saltwater Aquarium Test Strips 25-Count Box

I started today feeding him as you said.
Regarding the test kits I found some but I don't know if they are good or what I need. If you may have a look and tell me which to go for if it's not much to ask.
Link: https://www.dubaipetfood.com/shop/jbl-easy-test-5011p.html

Product name: API 5-in-1 Test Strips Freshwater and Saltwater Aquarium Test Strips 25-Count Box
I do not suggest getting the test strips. They are very inaccurate and untrustworthy. I suggest getting the API freshwater master liquid test kit. It has over 800 individual tests and is very trustworthy. Have you seen any improvement on his bloat or his fins?

I do not suggest getting the test strips. They are very inaccurate and untrustworthy. I suggest getting the API freshwater master liquid test kit. It has over 800 individual tests and is very trustworthy. Have you seen any improvement on his bloat or his fins?
I really appreciate your help and sorry if I'm asking alot it's just half of this things I'm clueless about and unfortunately here in Dubai no one gives a f*** about fish unless it's expensive one.

For the bloating he looks slimmer today and the fins I think they are starting to grow back I can see some transparent fins growing I think unless I'm assuming. I'm keeping a closer look at him to see the progress of the fins

I really appreciate your help and sorry if I'm asking alot it's just half of this things I'm clueless about and unfortunately here in Dubai no one gives a f*** about fish unless it's expensive one.

For the bloating he looks slimmer today and the fins I think they are starting to grow back I can see some transparent fins growing I think unless I'm assuming. I'm keeping a closer look at him to see the progress of the fins
No problem whatsoever! I was a clueless fish keeper once to! I think everyone was honestly.

I looked and looked on the sight you provide for some liquid test kit, but I couldn't find anything. I did find a good deal on the API Master freshwater test kit, with free shipping on eBay.com. :https://www.ebay.com/itm/API-FRESHW...088767?hash=item19f563017f:g:ObwAAOSw2XFUbRo6

Order this if it is in your budget.

Its good that your bettas fins seem to be growing back! Keep up the feeding I suggested and keep me posted on his recovery. New betta fins are often transparent, so this is a good sign. :)

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back