Roma 240 slow burn...

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I've found, through completely unscientific observation that the dwarf lilies don't grow as fast when they lost their tuber, but they don't automatically die, either.
I'm glad they don't die, I was so upset with myself when it came off as its one of my favourite plants that I'd been trying to get hold off for ages...I've left the tuber just resting on the substrate, hopefully it will sprout new leaves. Do you think the lotus will develop a new tuber?

Hm, not sure. I haven't grown them for several years, so I can't remember. It would make sense that they would eventually.

Beautiful tank that you have going there Mel!!
Thank you! 😁 work in progress, its never how you envisaged but it evolves... so I'm excited to see what it looks like in a month or so's time

Just got to this journal, but I'm definitely sticking around. Beautiful tank! What is the stocking? I don't think I saw it anywhere.. or did I miss it?

If you are still dealing with the BBA, I can vouch for the effectiveness of excel to kill it, as suggested by Badger. A while back I had a minor outbreak and was told to spot treat using Excel. I would treat a different spot each time: fill a syringe with my tank's dose, stop the filter, put the entire dose in a small area with the syringe, let it sit there a few minutes, and turn the filter back on. The BBA of the treated area would be dead the next morning. I repeated the process several times until I had treated all affected plants.

Of course, Badger's spray bottle method sounds a lot more practical and you get everything done in one go, but I just wanted to mention that excel worked for me in the past as well.

Just got to this journal, but I'm definitely sticking around. Beautiful tank! What is the stocking? I don't think I saw it anywhere.. or did I miss it?

If you are still dealing with the BBA, I can vouch for the effectiveness of excel to kill it, as suggested by Badger. A while back I had a minor outbreak and was told to spot treat using Excel. I would treat a different spot each time: fill a syringe with my tank's dose, stop the filter, put the entire dose in a small area with the syringe, let it sit there a few minutes, and turn the filter back on. The BBA of the treated area would be dead the next morning. I repeated the process several times until I had treated all affected plants.

Of course, Badger's spray bottle method sounds a lot more practical and you get everything done in one go, but I just wanted to mention that excel worked for me in the past as well.
I'm for moderation in all things. Except BBA. That stuff just needs to die, die, die!

Kribs are breeding again finally, I've been waiting for them to get their act together since I moved them! I really love watching this process and their behaviour, how they work as a team, nothing quite like cichlid parents!
20211213_154736.jpg

They've been showing off their beautiful breeding dress, the female was rather plump and doing her very best in seducing her male for a couple of weeks or so...
20211225_173404.jpg

They have finally got on with it and eggs have been laid as she's looking much slimmer. She's built-up the entrance to their coconut penthouse so she can only just squeeze in, she is in and out every few seconds since Tuesday, the eggs should have hatched by now but I've got no idea what's going on in there. Dad stays close at all times and sees everyone off.
20211225_173238.jpg

I feel a bit sad that they're in with a load of rainbows, they're so damn quick, I really hope they stand a chance at protecting their babies! But we're watching this space 👀

Parents are still very protective and are chasing away all who come near, the female is still in and out of the cave frequently but I've not seen any fry yet. I wonder if the eggs have hatched yet? It's been a week of this behaviour and I know she laid as she's much slimmer...I'd expect to have her parading the babies in the open by now 😕 oh well, we'll see!

I thought the fish in the coconut shell was saying "Honey, I ate the kids".

I thought the fish in the coconut shell was saying "Honey, I ate the kids".
I hope not! She's still very defensive so I'm assuming there's something still going on in there!

At last! Just caught her taking them back in 😍
20211229_192940.jpg

Can't wait for tomorrow, I know I'll be nose to glass watching them...I hope I can get enough food in the tank without the rainbows devouring the lot

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back