Roma 240 -- Brown Hair algy... Here is my video of my tank! help!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Id never buy any chemical to remove algae. Algae is due to an imbalace of light and nutrients, tomm barr says the two largest causes of algae are ammonia and co2 either too much not enough or inconsistent amounts. If this liquid kills algae it either removes nutrients from water or does something to block nutrient absorption which would also be bad for plants, instead of buyong a product to get rid of algae how about stop putting the things in a tank that cause algae. This algae fix liquid is like buying a pill to counteract the side effects of a pill one is taking to correct a self inflicted maladie, just cyclical thinking that keeps one in an endless cycle of spending money on aquarium products. Decrease light or increase depending on nutrient intake, decrease feeding, do consistent water changes to remove excess nutrients and replace electrolytes, and yes nerites and amano shrimp will eat hair algae and can manage it.

I agree. Dont use the chemicals, they will only mask the problem and make it worse. Also it can be really unsafe for fish

Id never buy any chemical to remove algae. Algae is due to an imbalace of light and nutrients, tomm barr says the two largest causes of algae are ammonia and co2 either too much not enough or inconsistent amounts. If this liquid kills algae it either removes nutrients from water or does something to block nutrient absorption which would also be bad for plants, instead of buyong a product to get rid of algae how about stop putting the things in a tank that cause algae. This algae fix liquid is like buying a pill to counteract the side effects of a pill one is taking to correct a self inflicted maladie, just cyclical thinking that keeps one in an endless cycle of spending money on aquarium products. Decrease light or increase depending on nutrient intake, decrease feeding, do consistent water changes to remove excess nutrients and replace electrolytes, and yes nerites and amano shrimp will eat hair algae and can manage it.
I agree. Dont use the chemicals, they will only mask the problem and make it worse. Also it can be really unsafe for fish
I agree

Chemicals have been thrown away.

I was suggested to increase tank settings as follows.. thoughts?

7 hours c02
7 hours light - 4 hours JUST red light 3 hours FULL SPECTRUM
cos comes on 1 hour before lights and 1 hour before off
air stone then comes on for 4 hours and blue light comes on for 4 hours before black out.
Fertz every other day
50% water change every 7 days.

Last readings.
PH: 6.4
Ammonia = 0
Nitrite = 0
Nitrate = 0

Bought new fertz as i have no nitrates in water.

Thoughts?

Chemicals have been thrown away.

I was suggested to increase tank settings as follows.. thoughts?

7 hours c02
7 hours light - 4 hours JUST red light 3 hours FULL SPECTRUM
cos comes on 1 hour before lights and 1 hour before off
air stone then comes on for 4 hours and blue light comes on for 4 hours before black out.
Fertz every other day
50% water change every 7 days.

Last readings.
PH: 6.4
Ammonia = 0
Nitrite = 0
Nitrate = 0

Bought new fertz as i have no nitrates in water.

Thoughts?
Probably a dumb question but have you been adding ammonia?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back