Roma 125 seal (or any of the romas!)

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

embsidney20

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Anyone has this happen on the trim of their roma?

Just noticed it definitely wasn't there a week ago. Sealant is bulging out and over the trim.

Waiting for supplier to get back to me. How worried would you be about it??

Attachments

• IMG_20211104_134034.jpg
    IMG_20211104_134034.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_20211104_133459.jpg
    IMG_20211104_133459.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 32
Not calling you a liar but are you absolutely positive it's a new thing? I thought something like that would happen when being made

Haha no worries! Yes it definitely wasn't there. It was thoroughly inspected apon arrival as I had just had a bad experience with a second hand tank. Thought I'd buy new to play it safe 🙄😂 I have been checking this tank religiously, I think i have bloody ptsd from the old one lol

I don’t think you're alone with the ptsd 😂 we've all been there!

I have the roma 240 and I've not noticed anything like that on mine, I can't think what would cause it to do that 🤷‍♀️ sorry I can't be of more help

I have had the Roma 90 and not noticed something like that on mine tbh.

But it looks like black aquarium sealant rather than the trim itself, bit of a shoddy job by the makers if that is the case.

Think that would have been there from day one since it was being made and it looks like something that could be easily missed and you've just noticed it now maybe?

If the tank is not leaking and has been like that since you got it then would not be majorly worried about it as you would have had a leak or something by now if it was an issue to be fair.

The store that I bought it from just got back to me, they are convinced that I've missed it not that it's come out of no where and that it is just excess sealant. I myself am not fully convinced but they aren't worried at all and neither is Hagen.

Ive never really relaxed since the "incident".. This fish keeping isn't as nice as it used to be haha
Thanks all.

At least I have pictures to refer to if I think it gets any worse! We shall see what is in my head and what is not 😂🤞

I swear I've been checking these seals and making sure glass isn't bowing every single evening for 4 months and I have never seen it 🤔

It does just look like the sealant used to bind the trim to the glass.

I dont think you need to worry about it leaking

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back