Rocks turning colors

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Tl52505

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I just noticed these weird spots on a plant in my betta tank, and the dragon stone is turning a grayish blue, it used to be all tan. What could be going on, and could it be harmful to the fish

Attachments

• AB7D2186-2BC9-416A-8890-8AAD8E048311.jpeg
    AB7D2186-2BC9-416A-8890-8AAD8E048311.jpeg
    308.6 KB · Views: 39
  • 2B80F146-D25F-4615-B894-F66B4D00711E.jpeg
    2B80F146-D25F-4615-B894-F66B4D00711E.jpeg
    207.5 KB · Views: 45
I just noticed these weird spots on a plant in my betta tank, and the dragon stone is turning a grayish blue, it used to be all tan. What could be going on, and could it be harmful to the fish
It happened to my dragon stone and the fish were fine... Just a character of the rock I suppose... I wouldn't be too concerned about the spots BUT I would keep a close eye on it to be sure it doesn't keep spreading and kill the plant.

Nothing to worry about. Plants react to various mineral deficencies like that. Rocks naturally grow darker, or at least those with less dense surfaces do.
Do you use CO2?
-------------------------------------
HAVE YOU VOTED YET

Could be wrong but I know some plants show these spots when they are reproducing, could be that

Nothing to worry about. Plants react to various mineral deficencies like that. Rocks naturally grow darker, or at least those with less dense surfaces do.
Do you use CO2?
-------------------------------------
HAVE YOU VOTED YET
Loving the ‘have you voted yet’ Uncle Sam approach. Not enough of our members vote imo

Does the stuff wipe off the stone?

What plant is in the picture with the stone?
If it's Anubias, the leaves and rhizome should be above the gravel so it doesn't rot.

The dots on the Amazon sword plant look like algae. Monitor it and see how it goes. If it gets worse, post more pictures.

Does the stuff wipe off the stone?

What plant is in the picture with the stone?
If it's Anubias, the leaves and rhizome should be above the gravel so it doesn't rot.

The dots on the Amazon sword plant look like algae. Monitor it and see how it goes. If it gets worse, post more pictures.
It is an Anubias congensis, and I have not tried wiping the stuff off of the rock. I did try a lead weight for one of the plants, not that one but I couldn’t get it to work so I took it out. Here is what the rock looked like before. I know it is not a good pic of just the rock, but I’m not home and don’t have one. It shows the affected spot on the rock

Attachments

• 050FD0DE-F439-4FE9-983B-9B404E8D3701.jpeg
    050FD0DE-F439-4FE9-983B-9B404E8D3701.jpeg
    280.7 KB · Views: 42

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back