Rocks/substrate

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

cartandpeg

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi,
I am getting back into fish keeping with a bit more serious effort this time around.

I have a selection of rocks,one in particular is a large light brown/white color and the other are more brownish in color,does one have to tend to keep all rocks the same color to make the tank look some what uniform?

Allowing these rocks will more than likely have plants attached to them,jave fern,java moss and also from the Anubias family.

I will also be adding some golden vine,this will also have some form of moss growing on it.

My substrate will be swimming pool filter sand,white in color,hence the reason for using plants that are attached rather than stem plants,should this substrate work ok for my plant decisions.

Thank you.

You can grow plants in sand. They certainly grow in mine.

As for rocks, it depends entirely on the look you're going for, but if you're going for a natural look then remember that similarly coloured rocks tend to fall together, so placing them in colour groups tends to look more natural. Otherwise one single type will look like one area of river/lake.

Thanks DrRob,
I was thinking of having the large white rock on the left and the much smaller brown ones to the right of the tank and I would dare say that over a period of time the large white rock will be hopefully covered by Anubias plants and it roots.
Appreciate the reply.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back