Rock and a Hard Place

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Falconwithaboxon

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
So I woke up and found one of my Angels between a rock and my tank glass. Is it normal for them to to that during the night to sleep or am I right to have moved him? It is 4am so it would be time for him to sleep, if they sleep that is. I'm going to move the rock farther from the glass. But if I find him in a similar situation later, should I be worried?

Cichlids usually only do this when they are startled and dart for cover it could be they did it when you turned the light on? Would you be able to add a dimmer to your tank so the light comes on gradually?

Most fish like to sleep in crammed area with many objects/decors.
They feel safer with objects around them rather than in an open space.

Best to have enough space that getting trapped is impossible. The time fish are most likely to dive for cover is during a water change and you don't want them to be stuck above the water line while you are draining the tank - especially if you need to do an emergency change.

Cichlids usually only do this when they are startled and dart for cover it could be they did it when you turned the light on? Would you be able to add a dimmer to your tank so the light comes on gradually?
My night/blue lights were on so I never changed the lights. I assume he tried to swim through the gap sometime over night and just was too big.

I was looking into a new lid and lights. Any brand you recommend?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back