Ro - More Pure Than Waste...

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Getting 150PSI now on the pressure gauge now the water line in has been sorted.

My sister's boyfriend and his father works for the water company and I was talking to him recently, our water here is gravity fed, 500,000 Gallons. I've been up at the water storage area which is around 300m higher than the house, 1km away. House is also at the lowest point and the water needs to reach some buildings on the other side of this mini valley, so we have all that storage water, 1km of pipe line from it and 500m of pine line water from the other side all bearing down on us... :p

2300 tonnes of water in storage alone!

By the sounds of it, you have too much pressure. Membranes are only supposed to run at around 70psi maximum. Turning the tap "off" partially will fix that though. It also sounds to me like an incorrect restrictor has been fitted to it. IMO, I'd say the membrane will rupture if ran "as-is" long-term - that's a new membrane jobby...

If you have a discrepancy between propes in the same water sample with the TDS meter, you need to callibrate the meter. The instructions for the meter should tell you how to do this. Your TDS readings may as well have been pulled from thin air until the unit has been callibrated. This is the only problem with digital units - useless unless set-up correctly.

By the sounds of it, you have too much pressure. Membranes are only supposed to run at around 70psi maximum. Turning the tap "off" partially will fix that though. It also sounds to me like an incorrect restrictor has been fitted to it. IMO, I'd say the membrane will rupture if ran "as-is" long-term - that's a new membrane jobby...

If you have a discrepancy between propes in the same water sample with the TDS meter, you need to callibrate the meter. The instructions for the meter should tell you how to do this. Your TDS readings may as well have been pulled from thin air until the unit has been callibrated. This is the only problem with digital units - useless unless set-up correctly.

Max pressure depends on the membrane throughput - so I'll assume you are saying 75psi for a 100GPD membrane. Though if you look around maximum pressures vary between 150-300psi for low end throughput membranes.

Though - a question to think about - Why is the flow @ 1:1 still very far off the "100GPD" rating?

TDS was "pre calibrated", but have already sorted it anyway.

Though - a question to think about - Why is the flow @ 1:1 still very far off the "100GPD" rating?

It is very bizaar, I have never heard of it happening before! The GPD never works out to what they say, don't know how they all get away with it really!

Seffie x

Aye, that was partily my point - if the pressure was too high, and the restrictor was too low, i'd have a good chance of reaching that "throughput". Alas I don't.

I will keep a very close eye on the TDS and see how long it "lasts", just incase.

The rated GPD output is achieved at ideal conditions - water at 25 degrees centigrade, pressure of 40-50PSI and 100PPM of TDS on the feed line. At home, you typically have more TDS in the water, colder water and lower pressure (though not in your case). Each of these factors will slow your output - pressure isn't the only thing to affect it.

Hope that helps to go some way to explain your low output from your unit :good:

I have TDS of 100 from the tap :)

Makes you wonder why on earth they measure at 25C, though that is probably because it gives the best numbers.

Output does vary on the weather, our water storage here is dug into the side of the hill so is insulated pretty well.

Oh and I am not getting low output per se, compared to others I am getting high, just not the rated :p

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back