River Woodland 29g

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
The sunken forest is close to being done, I added some more ferns and some anacharis to form an arch over the middle of the tank. The LOTR tank I added some anacharis and two java fern but found out the heater is not working so have to look into buying another. Also the sponge filter I bought is a little big with the castle so I may have to buy a HOB filter. I did add 5 male guppys to start a silent cycle. Have several plants in QT including water sprite to add.

The sunken forest is close to being done, I added some more ferns and some anacharis to form an arch over the middle of the tank. The LOTR tank I added some anacharis and two java fern but found out the heater is not working so have to look into buying another. Also the sponge filter I bought is a little big with the castle so I may have to buy a HOB filter. I did add 5 male guppys to start a silent cycle. Have several plants in QT including water sprite to add.
Sounds cool:cool: i like the idea of forming a arch in the middle. What are you planning to put in with the guppies once its cycled?

Still have not decided,:dunno: I did find a place that only charges 29 cents a gallon for RO water so may go with more tetras. I keep seeing new fish that I fall in love with :wub:

Still have not decided,:dunno: I did find a place that only charges 29 cents a gallon for RO water so may go with more tetras. I keep seeing new fish that I fall in love with :wub:
It is hard to choose with so much choice. Could do with another 10 tanks :D

Im looking for some substrate fish at the moment for my Barb tank. I like too much tho :D

View attachment 102252
First layout.
View attachment 102251
Second layout..

Wasnt feeling the first layout (felt there was something missing) So i purchased another piece of driftwood to help cover more of the left side of tank.

Quite like this as the woods higher up so cories have more floor space and the upper fish still have plenty of room to swim:fish:

Just got to see if its pleco proof now (hes a right sod):X
Pleco's behaving so far but ill have to wait to see what morning brings.

Pleco's and OCD dont mix by the way! They look cool but why people have them has clean up crew is beyond me. Mines like a cheeky teenager who wont tidy his room. Digs everywhere:oh:

Even telling him im going to introduce him to the Cat doesnt work :rofl:

Years ago when I had pelcos I bought them for clean up crew but your right they were lazy and my mystery snails were the workers, I had plastic so the snals did not devour my plants. I had a couple and they grew over a foot long and live many years but mostly laid around the bottom. They were the only fish my cichlids left alone. They seem to dig as much as my cichlids did so at time I just left the tank a mess.

Years ago when I had pelcos I bought them for clean up crew but your right they were lazy and my mystery snails were the workers, I had plastic so the snals did not devour my plants. I had a couple and they grew over a foot long and live many years but mostly laid around the bottom. They were the only fish my cichlids left alone. They seem to dig as much as my cichlids did so at time I just left the tank a mess.
He had destroyed the joint when i checked the tank this morning. Think hes feeding off the wood but he just bulldozers is way around.

Wasnt happy lol ive had to tidy it back up and got straight online to try and sort something. Might get him hes own tank that he can destory as much as he likes :devil:

I have not bought any since then, I tend to look at cory as a cleaning fish, at least they are active. Bulldozer is a good name for a pleco

Just had a massive shock with this tank:eek:

Had to move a few things around to add some new plants so i took the opportunity to take some rocks and caves out etc so i could have a good vac. (Only thing i left in was my BN plecos lair)
So after the maintance i put the new plants in, placed the decor/rocks/wood back and filled the tank back up. (Probably took an hr /1hr 30m)

There was just a small cave left on a towel on the floor which i couldnt decide if i wanted back in or not. I picked it up and all of a sudden my Pleco dropped out the cave on to the towel flapping:oh::oh::oh::shout: i gently scooped him in the cave and put him in the tank and he swam off like nothing happenedo_O

If anyone wanted proof how hardy they are this is it...1hr+ out of water and his absolutely fine. My ticker on the other hand is missing a few beats :oops:

That is amazing . glad he is alright. Now you need to take it easy the rest of the day and enjoy some cold beverages:beer: until you feel much better or feel nothing at all:drinks:

Desmopuntius Pentazona
20201018_204837.jpg

Added to my Barb collection this weekend with a group of 5 banded.

Can anymore confirm the males are slightly smaller with a red tinge to their bodies. 99.9% thats right??

Last edited:
Nearly went for those myself, stunning

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back