River stream 53g

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Tbh i havent tested it yet, its certainly not hard i know that but id be looking at softer acidic water for what im after. Plus the lack of chlorine and heavy metals is always going to be good. I'll look into it and let you know

20200704_142027.jpg

Decided to put my favourite piece of driftwood in the 55. I love what wood brings to tanks. Changes the look of a tank dramatically :wub:
20200704_160603.jpg
20200704_160508.jpg

Ive had two of my female apistos in the 55g over the past few days and they have got on really well :) No chasing or flairing up and they have even accompanied each other round the tank from time to time.

Ive decided to introduce my other female tonight :eek:..and to my delight it seems to of had a real postive effect. They are all out exploring the tank for much longer periods and two of them seem inseparable now.

The bigger space seems to of made a big difference. Going to monitor it closely in the coming days to see if the good will and getting along carries on.

I going to need to watch feeding times really closely to check they are getting enough food because they are super fussy and slow eaters compared to my other fish.

Im starting to think there is a slim chance one of the apisto's may actually be a sneaker male.

Are they in with barbs? I feel like I'm starting to copy your tank :shifty:

Ive had two of my female apistos in the 55g over the past few days and they have got on really well :) No chasing or flairing up and they have even accompanied each other round the tank from time to time.

Ive decided to introduce my other female tonight :eek:..and to my delight it seems to of had a real postive effect. They are all out exploring the tank for much longer periods and two of them seem inseparable now.

The bigger space seems to of made a big difference. Going to monitor it closely in the coming days to see if the good will and getting along carries on.

I going to need to watch feeding times really closely to check they are getting enough food because they are super fussy and slow eaters compared to my other fish.

Im starting to think there is a slim chance one of the apisto's may actually be a sneaker male.
Fingers crossed they can get along. As there are no real males I would expect him to stop sneaking soon - if it is a him.

Are they in with barbs? I feel like I'm starting to copy your tank :shifty:
They are which i wouldnt normal put together tbh. They dont bother each other tho, the barbs occupy the higher ground and the Apisto's have the lower levels to explore with the cories.

With just female Apisto's i wont get any breeding aggression too, so thats a plus :)

Fingers crossed they can get along. As there are no real males I would expect him to stop sneaking soon - if it is a him.
Well it is a slim chance like i say. 2 of females are bright yellow with the other showing more grey/blue tones. It could just be she is slightly behind the others in growth

20200707_193424.jpg
20200707_232938.jpg
20200707_232331.jpg

I tried to get some quick snaps before lights went out tonight which arent the best but you will see what im getting at hopefully.

First two pic's you will see the difference in tones. Also the black markings on the apisto with the grey/blue tones are different to the other girls in pic 3

What apisto’s are they?
A. Panduro.

The one as never been yellow like the other 2. Had hints of yellow but soon as it settled the yellows faded out to more the grey/blue tones.

20200711_083958.jpg
20200711_084133.jpg

Wondering if its either a male or infact maybe a hybrid Panduro/Nijsseni?? Its the black line across the body which first made me think its not a female Panduro along with the lower yellow tones.

Last edited:
20200711_201211.jpg

My Apistogramma's seem super settled in the 55g now and ive found frozen cyclops to be their favourite bite to eat so far. Not really hooked on any dry food so far but ill try to keep offering it in the coming weeks along with a variety of frozen brineshrimp etc. Ive also upped my water changes to twice a week on this tank since using the frozen food

Yet more wood going in this week
20200712_194012.jpg
which im hoping will give more natural cover and even up the two sides of the tank.

It really is true that a tank is never finished.

Now the Panduro are settled i can now turn my attenion to some new tank mates for the Cardinal Tetras in the 22g.

Dwarf corydoras with some honey gourami is my first choice atm although a Bolivian ram is always not too far away in my thoughts.. :)

Attachments

• 20200711_195312.jpg
    20200711_195312.jpg
    324.4 KB · Views: 78

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back