River stream 53g

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Beautiful looking tank! I like the contrast of colors high/low, and I really like the black sand, too. I haven't read this whole thread; are you using live plants?

Thank you :)

Yes mostly Cryptocoryne in this tank with Hornwort, Rotala indica, Amazon swords, Green tiger lotus and water sprite floating

20200620_174259.jpg

Changed the second tier over from buff play sand to all out black today.

The cories was cascading a little bit of the buff over the river rock on to the bottom tier which i thought might stop after a few weeks but i decided i wanted to change it so purchased some more black sand.

Had a little move around since i had most the decor out which i may tweak here and there over time.

Now happy and it will stay cleaner down at that level without the little stones :)

Had a change with my floating plants in the 55g a couple of weeks ago. Ceratopteris thalictroides came out for some Ceratopteris fein which i like the look of but its a much slower grower.

I have noticed due to the change a small about of algae as grown on the front glass this week which is understandable with taking the established water sprite out. Its obviously also made the tank brighter which i less prefer but had hoped the new fein would of cured that quicker.

I dont like the open space on the surface, i have floating plants in all my tanks so i didnt want to wait much longer. I thought id try some frogbit again to cover the surface quicker. This time from my online seller i get all my crypts from.
20200626_155422.jpg

Got plant passports on the bags :rofl:

I love how the plants have their own passport, lol.

I love your profile picture! Is that your fish? :wub:

Had a change with my floating plants in the 55g a couple of weeks ago. Ceratopteris thalictroides came out for some Ceratopteris fein which i like the look of but its a much slower grower.

I have noticed due to the change a small about of algae as grown on the front glass this week which is understandable with taking the established water sprite out. Its obviously also made the tank brighter which i less prefer but had hoped the new fein would of cured that quicker.

I dont like the open space on the surface, i have floating plants in all my tanks so i didnt want to wait much longer. I thought id try some frogbit again to cover the surface quicker. This time from my online seller i get all my crypts from. View attachment 108197
Got plant passports on the bags :rofl:
I can not get frog bite so I am trying salvinia, I miss my anacharis and so do my ember tetra. :( I put some salvinia in my sunken forest tank and ordered more but my LFS is having a hard time getting plants and fish.

I can not get frog bite so I am trying salvinia, I miss my anacharis and so do my ember tetra. :( I put some salvinia in my sunken forest tank and ordered more but my LFS is having a hard time getting plants and fish.
I couldnt get salvinia to last in my water. Ive now got water spangle instead which is identical looks wise. Its a prolific grower and looks good on the surface.

Have you tried water sprite? Thats got longer roots like frogbit

I couldnt get salvinia to last in my water. Ive now got water spangle instead which is identical looks wise. Its a prolific grower and looks good on the surface.

Have you tried water sprite? Thats got longer roots like frogbit
Yes I have water sprite in one of my other tanks. I will have to look at water spangle too.

Most reactions

trending

Back