The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

simonas

stuck between a rock and a fish tank
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
just a heads up if you haven;t seen it

a very interesting series at the moment following a fisherman in the amazon focusing on piranha, large catfish and one I;m watching now on arapaima!!

the catfish one was good as he caught a huge red tail cat and also showed a load of panaque which were kept in alcohol at a museum but the were about 30 inch long and massive!!!

a very interesting series at the moment following a fisherman in the amazon focusing on piranha, large catfish and one I;m watching now on arapaima!!

the catfish one was good as he caught a huge red tail cat and also showed a load of panaque which were kept in alcohol at a museum but the were about 30 inch long and massive!!!

i was watching that!! it was so interesting but i missed the end :( what happened?

i was watching that!! it was so interesting but i missed the end :( what happened?

which episode?

What channel is this on? I saw the piranha one but not the rest?

it's on itv1 :)
todays one with the arapaimas. i thought i'd be clever and try to watch it on demand and watched an earlier episode only to find that once it'd finished, it'd deleted all the other episodes :(

the red tailed cat was big wasn't it, thats why they shouldn't be kept in tanks!
yeah some of them preserved panaques were big wasn't they!

couldn;t believe the size of them, they would never achieve that on our tanks which is quite sad I suppose

RTC was awsome, yeh having that in the tank lol Don;t think many people have even ponds big enough to keep one in

Ah cool bit of a shame about it being on ITV cos ITV player sucks. Might have to try and get the DVD of it if it comes out.

With the Panaques I was reading recently that they stunt really easily and its affected by water flow but also the presence of "new" water so like it seems they need to have almost constant water changes to make max size. Still want to see these though lol :)

Yeah it was good, they get shown on one of the other itv channels, i think 4, at other times in the week.

i thought IMO it was going to be interesting and i have so far seen 4/7 of the shows. the next season might start this coming spring. i have stopped watching it though because i have seen the european catfish episode 5 times, borring!

i thought IMO it was going to be interesting and i have so far seen 4/7 of the shows. the next season might start this coming spring. i have stopped watching it though because i have seen the european catfish episode 5 times, borring!

serves yuo right for watchin it 5 times!!

do you think the programme is boring or just because you watched one 5 times

Is it the same as Monster fish that I've been watching on Eden or Animal Planet. The one about the sturgeon in the USA was very interesting, esp how man building dams etc are affecting the fish's natural cycle.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back