RIP, Popeye

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

FishGuest5123

Fish Maniac
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
I lost my best male sire today. He was 3 years old and began battling kidney disease. He put up a heck of a fight but just got tired. Rest in Peace, Popeye. You were my sweet boy.
B8BC7839-D5FB-4328-8A31-E85BBF234540.png

Don't take this the wrong way and I'm not having a go at you, but how do you know he had kidney disease?

So sorry for your lost :( , how do you know he had kidney disease?

I can’t know for sure with out a necropsy but it is very common in short bodied fancy goldfish. I have an aquatic vet friend, Dr.Dave who has been watching him via video and FaceTime. He had all the symptoms and he felt sure it was organ failure, not just kidney. His kidneys/liver. I miss Popeye terribly. I want to cry. I still have one of his daughters so perhaps she will produce another “Popeye” for me. :(

Last edited:
I can’t know for sure with out a necropsy but it is very common in short bodied fancy goldfish. I have an aquatic vet friend, Dr.Dave who has been watching him via video and FaceTime. He had all the symptoms and he felt sure it was organ failure, not just kidney. His kidneys/liver. I miss Popeye terribly. I want to cry. I still have one of his daughters so perhaps she will produce another “Popeye” for me. :(
I understand the feeling, i lost my goldfish 3 weeks ago of dropsy.

I am looking for a replacement male for Pop Eye. Anyone looked at the cost of fancy goldfish lately? I have been selling mine way too cheap. Good grief! Another breeder offered me a celestial eye but they are too freakish for even me. The right one will come along.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back