Rip Cloud

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

razer121

THE Triop Man XD
Reaction score
So...today Cloud past :-( he has been having an ongoing battle with dropsy/constipation/bacterial infections, and god knows what else has happened to him :( i tryed everything i could to try and save him, i had a reason to belive he had started to recover from dropsy as his scales went back down and he was not as bloated anymore, well he looks normal now anyway :( but either way today i noticed his heavy breathing...and only 10 mins ago i was watching him when he tryed to swim over but just took one last breath....then sort of "sunk" to the floor in a oddly straight up position :( im so ticked of! i tryed so hard to save him! he was my first ever fish....i taught him to jump for his food and everything, its not fair :-( im going to freeze him tonight then bury him tomoz in the back garden, i dont fancy flushing him down the loo!

RIP little buddy :-(
DSC00200.jpg

just one thing...he is supposed to be in the dead straight position when he dies right? as all my other fish that have died have "layed" sideways?

awww...im soooo sorry for your loss. i remember when i lost my first betta. i didnt buy another until a few weeks ago. at least hes not suffering now and im sorry he had to go after all your effort to save him. how old was he?

well, he was not even a year old...he looked a few months old at least when i got him, that was a good six months ago now :-(

im so sorry
i know that you did everything you could and took good advice from me and others. take comfort in that and that he fought it hard, whatever it was (i still suspect dropsy). he even looked better in the more recent photos ive seen of him. so you did a good job! and he knew it. so keep on with the bettas. He'd want you to.
best of luck!

:-( im sorry for the loss i was sad when my last betta died mabey go to petco or petsmart ok go to petsmart and get a new one that looked like him and teach him some tricks

I'm so sorry :( When i lost my first it was so upsetting, he was the one i taught tricks and everything :(
Also, when mine died he wasnt lying on his side, he was sat up straight at the surface.

thanks guys :( i keep looking at the tank and it looks so...empty i think before i do get anouther betta in there im going to have to change it all around, going to keep adding ammonia till i get a new guy :(

Most reactions

trending

Back