Dragonstone, finger root, mopani and bogwood

Airstones:
1 X Bubble wall
2 X air ornaments

Ferts:
CO2 art FE CO2 Ultimate system with Up Inlien CO2 Atomizer
TNC Complete

Lights:
4 Jewel 54W T5 2 Daylight 2 Nature (1 each with reflectors)

Longer term the lights will be replaced, and the internal filter and heater swapped for an external thermofilter

Plants:
Anubias
Java Fern
Hairgrass
Vallis
Cabomba
Ludwigia

Livestock (all from before the refurb):
1 Angelfish
11 Tiger Barb (6 Green, 5 Standard)
3 Yoyo Loach
3 Bronce Cory
4 Bristlenose Pleco
3 Florida Flagfish

My current thoughts are to add some carpet plants (probably montecarlo) and then look at stocking.

One definate to get is a Gnathonemus Petersi.

I would also like to get at least one male Flag (the 3 I have are all females), and for pest snail duty assassin snails.

Further thoughs include increasing the numbers of Tiger Barb and cory. I would also like a 2nd schooling species (leaning towards Emperor Tetra).

I am looking for further sugestions for plants and stocking sugestions, for a bit more inspiration.

I will add some photos this evening.

Thanks all

Im not familiar with your substrate but is it essentially pea gravel? If so its not ideal for the Elephant Nose. Elephant Nose are pretty hard to keep really, this is a pretty good profile on them http://www.seriouslyfish.com/species/gnathonemus-petersii/but I would probably add that keeping them as a group is better than a single. For me they need to be put in tanks where they are the main focus rather than added to an existing community.

I would look at increasing all of your schools, so upto 15 for the Tigers, 12 for the Bronze Cories (or you could mix them with albino as they are the same species just different colour variants/strains) and up your YoYos to 6 or 7.

Im struggling to with what to suggest for any larger species like the Elephant Nose as the tank is so varied. How nippy do you find your Tiger Barbs?

Wills

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back