Ricky Flaton

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

BigC

Fish Maniac
Reaction score
Well I think that the final bell for him now

Yeah, just watched that, I don't even usually watch boxing so he looked like a complete joke from my perspective.

Eh, another boxer that was drawn in by the media hype, thinking deep down in himself he would be able to.

But he learnt last night, the hard way.

I mean look at most of the best boxers in the world, "A champion is not made in the gym, he is made in the heart."

I guess ricky thought it was the other way round!

Eh, another boxer that was drawn in by the media hype, thinking deep down in himself he would be able to.

But he learnt last night, the hard way.

I mean look at most of the best boxers in the world, "A champion is not made in the gym, he is made in the heart."

I guess ricky thought it was the other way round!

Thats an odd quip to use for Hatton cos there is one thing he had in spades and thats a big heart!! thats never been in doubt. Its a funny thing boxing he was deservedly one of the best about 2-3 yrs ago but a defeat to Mayweather and a big loss to Manny and people talking bout him as if was Bruno or Harrison or something. Ashame as thatwill be his legacy when in reality he wa sa very exciting and accomplished boxer. I just think he is now burnt out and lost that inner strengt and aggresion he once had. Too many hrd fights maybe

But you cannot question his heart as a boxer!!

That's just the nature of boxing,
You build yourself up to the best you can be, but rest assured one day there will be someone, which one the day will be bigger, better and stronger and take it all away from you. Par for the course really.
No one is disputing RH's commitment and dedication to his profession, he will be remembered as one of Britians finest boxers of the modern era. But the time has come to think about other things in life, namely his family. That last punch/knock-down could have turned out a whole lot worse. So time to walk away I think.
A new job as a TV Boxing Pundit awaits.
Regards
C

That's just the nature of boxing,
You build yourself up to the best you can be, but rest assured one day there will be someone, which one the day will be bigger, better and stronger and take it all away from you. Par for the course really.
No one is disputing RH's commitment and dedication to his profession, he will be remembered as one of Britians finest boxers of the modern era. But the time has come to think about other things in life, namely his family. That last punch/knock-down could have turned out a whole lot worse. So time to walk away I think.
A new job as a TV Boxing Pundit awaits.
Regards
C

well said!!

I was just bemused bout other posters comment about Hattons heart

Well I do understand he had a heart of gold dont get me wrong, but I think he took it abit to far he should of slowed down instead of jumping in to situations that in my opinion he was not ready for.

Well I do understand he had a heart of gold dont get me wrong, but I think he took it abit to far he should of slowed down instead of jumping in to situations that in my opinion he was not ready for.

and I wasn'ty talking bout a heart of gold I was saying he had a fighters heart more than most, his decline his physical and I'm sure partly mental due to defeat to mayweather. your coment not that it really matters anyway lol said a champion is madein heart not in gym etc would suggest you felt Hatton didn;t have a fighters heart... which to anyone who knew bout boxing would not say in regards to Hatton.

In any event just watched it again,awesome performance from Manny and I'm sure no one would have lived with him in there. He look cool as a cucumber walking in, what an awesome fighting machine!!

Cant teach an old dog new tricks.. You cant go steaming in like that vs pacman but I guess he too set is his ways. Pacman even said hatton punches really hurt

Shame really that Hatton will be remembered for the two high profile losses instead of his great career and it has a been a good one. Plenty of great boxers he beat among the chumps

No shame in getting beat by two of boxing elite fighters that had ever got into the ring

I think Manny Pacquiao is an excellent little boxer, no one could have lived with him on the night. He was a Southpaw and the commentators got it spot on, Hatton and Hattons corner knew all along he was a Southpaw and made no effort to defend and counter that type of boxer. Hatton was so open and was not covering up when needed. He was relying on the media hype of who was the best pound for pound puncher. I think Floyd Mayweather is a smarter fighter (reminds me of Sugar Ray Leonard) and whilst I know it will be a hard fight, I still think that Mayweather will have the brains to out smart Manny.
ATB
BigC

I think Manny Pacquiao is an excellent little boxer, no one could have lived with him on the night. He was a Southpaw and the commentators got it spot on, Hatton and Hattons corner knew all along he was a Southpaw and made no effort to defend and counter that type of boxer. Hatton was so open and was not covering up when needed. He was relying on the media hype of who was the best pound for pound puncher. I think Floyd Mayweather is a smarter fighter (reminds me of Sugar Ray Leonard) and whilst I know it will be a hard fight, I still think that Mayweather will have the brains to out smart Manny.
ATB
BigC

funny enough I was talking to my mate whos a new pro and a southpaw and who keeps on being bigged up by Johnny Nelson when hes on friday fight night, Manny is his hero but e thinks he'll get beaten by Floyd due to the styles!! I'd love to see him eat Floyd though

Floyd will put his running shoes on vs pacman. Hit and run all night and win on points as he knows he got the class to do it to any fighter

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back